Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   GasGas Member Polls (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Favorite Pre-Mix Oil (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12760)

iamovru 12-26-2013 04:37 PM

Motul 800 or Klotz Supertechnoplate- Nothing like the smell of Castor. Both at 50:1:)

gasser 12-26-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamovru (Post 125032)
Motul 800 or Klotz Supertechnoplate- Nothing like the smell of Castor. Both at 50:1:)

Both have very high flashpoints and are great oils if you run a hot engine. Low rpm running and/or rich fuel mixtures will result in much cooler running engine temps which work much better with oils that have a lower flashpoint. A fast guy on a 125 will love these oils but a slow guy on a 300 gasser will smoke like an old diesel and fowl plugs.

iamovru 12-29-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasser (Post 125044)
Both have very high flashpoints and are great oils if you run a hot engine. Low rpm running and/or rich fuel mixtures will result in much cooler running engine temps which work much better with oils that have a lower flashpoint. A fast guy on a 125 will love these oils but a slow guy on a 300 gasser will smoke like an old diesel and fowl plugs.

Never had an issue, guess I am faster than I thought ;)

sevenfourate 01-02-2014 08:16 PM

Blatantly copied and pasted: This is exactly what ive just posted on ThumperTalk. Im no 2 stroke expert - but these are my experiences and they may just help someone else at sometime, hence i thought id get them up in this thread:

"Well, the GasGas ive just bought is the first 2-stroke ive had; and the previous owner had been running the bike on Putoline MX5 Synthetic (Not sure if you guys in the USA have this oil). Runs great - but did have a little, quite thick spooge. Ive been running this at 50:1 as suggested by previous owner and many other GasGas owners.

I do 'lug' the bike quite a bit, and arent at the top of the rev-range / into the powerband very much. So after alot of reading i decided to buy and try some Motul 710 after reading about its great quality, great smell and most importantly its lower flash-point and "less spooge" properties.

My Gasser is pre-mix, so i pretty much ran the old tank of fuel out, filled up at 50:1 using Motul 710 and went out to ride. Also re-filled up halfway through and ran another tankful through (100 mile ride in total).

And its completely against pretty much all the reviews ive read, but IMO i had more (Certainly thinner, more watery and more messy ?) spooge ! Same bike, same ratio - just different oils. Bike ran great and MAY have even felt a little stronger, especially in the mid-range, but my spooge issues certainly didnt appear to improve dramatically.

From reading up, it would seem that to do it 100% "by the book" i should really now re-jet possibly for this particular oil and this mixture ratio. Maybe: All i can tell you is a straight oil swap and nothing else certainly wasnt a game-changer for me........"

bazzagas 01-05-2014 08:08 AM

Have any of you used Bel-Ray 2T oils? I am asking as my local dealer has started to stock Bel-Ray rather than Maxima and I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread.

sevenfourate 01-05-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazzagas (Post 125621)
Have any of you used Bel-Ray 2T oils? I am asking as my local dealer has started to stock Bel-Ray rather than Maxima and I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread.

Gets great reviews, if thats anything to go on.....!

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...c-2-Stroke-Oil

eliasn101 01-08-2014 07:42 AM

trail riding 70%
small scramble tracks 30%
average hobby rider.

Motorex crosspower - too much spooge!
Denicol A1 - too much spooge!
Will switch to amsoil or 710 and check.

sevenfourate 01-12-2014 02:01 PM

Any of you UK guys (Or anywhere else) use Putolines top offering: MX9 ?

Its pretty expensive at around ?18 ($30), but i did 80 odd miles today with a guy using it in a Husky. He's been using it 3 years, reckons he hardly ever suffers with spooge, and it smelt absolutely DIVINE !

Ive ordered some anyway. Just wondered anyone elses thoughts on it.

noobi 01-12-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevenfourate (Post 126002)
Any of you UK guys (Or anywhere else) use Putolines top offering: MX9 ?

Its pretty expensive at around ?18 ($30), but i did 80 odd miles today with a guy using it in a Husky. He's been using it 3 years, reckons he hardly ever suffers with spooge, and it smelt absolutely DIVINE !

Ive ordered some anyway. Just wondered anyone elses thoughts on it.

Putoline MX9 has a similar flash point to Motul 710. MX9 lists at 78C, and 710 lists at 88C.
So I think as far as spooge is concerned, it will be pretty clean.
For reference, Motul 800 flashes at 252C, and Putoline Racing Oil flashes at 250C.

I have never run MX9 personally, but know a racing family that ran it in many CR125 Husqvarnas with no issues.

sevenfourate 01-13-2014 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobi (Post 126033)
Putoline MX9 has a similar flash point to Motul 710. MX9 lists at 78C, and 710 lists at 88C.
So I think as far as spooge is concerned, it will be pretty clean.
For reference, Motul 800 flashes at 252C, and Putoline Racing Oil flashes at 250C.

I have never run MX9 personally, but know a racing family that ran it in many CR125 Husqvarnas with no issues.

Yea.....thanks.

I read the specs on the Putoline website, and saw the flashpoint was pretty low.

Fingers crossed im onto a winner then !