Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   GasGas, New Investors (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24738)

motif 01-05-2020 07:34 AM

these are not new investors - these are destroyers...

look what is happening with ktm/husky every year - cheaper and cheaper build...

GASGASCWB 01-13-2020 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motif (Post 193357)
these are not new investors - these are destroyers...

look what is happening with ktm/husky every year - cheaper and cheaper build...

The GASGAS brand as we know it will probably die!

The question is:

How will we look about the parts?

Especially in relation to the 2018-2020 models that were manufactured and sold in very small quantitiesand very smaal period...

I thought about going to a Japanese brand!

But none of them is pure enduro blood.

They are cross bikes adapted for enduro...

To buy a Beta, TM or Sherco is to continue with the razor in the neck.

Possibly KTM's next targets...

It is becoming difficult to buy something that has liquidity.

I have a italian Husky WR 360 2002.

The parts disappear overnight!

Although it was a very specific model...

Only CAGIVA made her connecting rod.

I bought the last one in the world and sold the bike.

Many afetrmarket manufacturers have developed parts for GasGas and new models use many parts of old models.

That is the only salvation.

My fear is referring to specific parts of the 2018-2020 models...

CDI type, plastics, air filters...

Mark Berg - CPD 01-13-2020 10:00 AM

parts availability

Hello Everyone,

I wish i could say more right now, BUT i can't. All i can say is I wouldn't be worried yet about parts availability for the GasGas enduro (especially 18-19).

Look for some information to come within the month. It might surprise you, i will leave all the speculations and guesses to you guys! :D

Mark

GASGASCWB 01-13-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torrot NA - Mark Berg (Post 193457)
Hello Everyone,

I wish i could say more right now, BUT i can't. All i can say is I wouldn't be worried yet about parts availability for the GasGas enduro (especially 18-19).

Look for some information to come within the month. It might surprise you, i will leave all the speculations and guesses to you guys! :D

Mark

Wow Mark.

Do not do this to us.

I live in South America and my GASGAS 2018 could be a huge loss if the parts really went extinct...

If so, I need to sell it before that happens...

farmerj 01-13-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Hello Everyone,

Mark

Thanks for keeping it interesting, Mark! :)

Jef

Harry 01-13-2020 07:07 PM

I think my Avatar has become more relevant than ever.

Moto7man 01-13-2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

Hello Everyone,

Mark

With all due respect, I am not buying any of this because they are not even shipping any new rangers.

GasGas 01-14-2020 07:39 AM

Maybe the current bike will be reborn as the newest SWM model.....

Mark Berg - CPD 01-14-2020 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto7man (Post 193469)
With all due respect, I am not buying any of this because they are not even shipping any new rangers.

I don't think i said anything about future GasGas enduro models? Yes, sadly the factory finally made a decision not to build ANY 2020 GasGas Enduro models. What I said was "I wasn't worried about parts supply, especially for the 18-19 as there will be some possible announcements in the months to come that will alleviate some of the worries."

I fly back to Spain next week for meetings and when i return (unless i meet a Spanish brunette that loves fat old Americans), I will have some news for all that have invested in a GasGas enduro in the past.

stabak 01-14-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torrot NA - Mark Berg (Post 193474)
(unless i meet a Spanish brunette that loves fat old Americans)

most possible scenario thus far :D