Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Western United States (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   GGG Oregon! (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7196)

HydroDog 04-25-2010 08:23 PM

I will be there!:D
I might have my stepson Josh with me. Can you camp out at the staging area? I might drive down friday night and camp out in the van.
Bring on the technical riding if possible.

roostafish 04-26-2010 09:40 AM

You can camp at the staging area.

REVERUP 04-26-2010 07:52 PM

Alright Mike my new plan is as follows.
Staying in Cottage Grove. My friend Chuck will be along for the ride. He's a fast KTM guy. Will be meeting you all at Shotgun Saturday at 9AM. We will be in Chuck's white 4 Runner with my 3 rail in tow. I will need to unhook and lock it up on some ones hitch ball or lock it to a tree or vehicle, cause my wife will be taking the 4 Runner and doing her own thing and doesn't want to take the trailer with.

Probably go for a Sunday morning ride at Huckleberry till around 1pm and head home.

Glad to hear John will be coming down and hopefully Josh makes it also.

Excited about this Oregon ride trip. :)

Roscoe

roostafish 04-26-2010 08:44 PM

Great news! What size ball do you need to lock that trailer? Though my stinger is not locking. Plenty of trees to lock to. Or even to the frame of my truck.

HydroDog 04-26-2010 09:27 PM

Hey Roscoe, Josh is coming with. I will driving the truck down Sat. morning so if you need a ball to lock on too :rolleyes:.

Mike,
Is there any advantage if I take exit 216 instead of 194A?
It looks a little shorter by mapquest but not knowing the roads sometimes shorter is longer.

roostafish 04-26-2010 10:16 PM

Take 216. I didn't list that because I forgot the exit number. It is a lot shorter. You'll save 30+ miles if you take 216.

Go through Brownsville to Crawfordsville. As soon as you get through Crawfordsville (don't blink) turn right on Brush Creek Rd. Brush Creek Rd will turn into Marcola Rd. You won't know it, but it does. You'll go over a small pass and approach a spot on the map that used to be the town of Mable. There's a tiny sign that says Mable. The only things left there are a Grange hall, the old school and some houses. Imediately after Mable, again, don't blink, you'll come upon Shotgun Creek Rd to the right. Take that road and continue on it, taking the right fork where it splits and follow the signs to the Crooked Creek Staging area. You won't be able to miss it. Probably 3 or 4 miles from Marcola Rd.

Rick 04-27-2010 03:27 PM

If you guys are all AA & A riders I'm staying home:rolleyes:

What is the latest head count?

REVERUP 04-27-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roostafish (Post 42954)
Great news! What size ball do you need to lock that trailer? Though my stinger is not locking. Plenty of trees to lock to. Or even to the frame of my truck.

You don't need to bring anything I will have my hitch and locks on the 4Runner. As long as your receiver is a standard 2" we can just swap it over or I can just hook er up to John's truck.

REVERUP 04-27-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HydroDog (Post 42957)
Hey Roscoe, Josh is coming with. I will driving the truck down Sat. morning so if you need a ball to lock on too :rolleyes:.

Mike,
Is there any advantage if I take exit 216 instead of 194A?
It looks a little shorter by mapquest but not knowing the roads sometimes shorter is longer.

So it sounds like you and Josh will be getting up at O dark 30. Good to hear Your both coming down and thanks for offering the security of your trucks ball.:D

REVERUP 04-27-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick (Post 42993)
If you guys are all AA & A riders I'm staying home:rolleyes:

What is the latest head count?

My number plate has a V on it now, so no worries. I'm a member of the Senior class also eligible for the old timers class. :eek:

See ya there!

Roscoe