Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2012/13 Silencers (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15489)

AZRickD 07-26-2013 05:33 PM

How does the sparkied Leo compare to the Cannon, Q-Stealth, or even the TC2?

AZRickD 07-26-2013 05:49 PM

Here is a rather long pipe/silencer comparison article.

Bubbles will be burst.

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/on..._buyers_guide/

wa_ndro 08-13-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myrcrocks (Post 116511)
Do the 250 and 300's use the same pipe?

Those Doma pipes look good. Looks like it is pretty rugged from the photo. Anyone have any experience with them?

BUMP...

Does anyone know if the they do use the same system on the 250 and 300 in 2013?
3 weeks and waiting for the Cannon from the states and hasn't been invoiced yet......................
If people don't want my business I'll take it elsewhere....to DOMA hopefully.

djroggen 08-13-2013 01:22 PM

250 and 300 Exhausts are the same. Q-Stealth is easily the best silencer I have used to date. I have tried the Turbine core, which I HATE with a passion. Sooo loud and raspy, sounds like something is broken. I have tried both the Quiet and the Loud Cannon Racecraft silencers. I like the quiet version, but they both seem to increase power and undoubtedly weigh in less than a Q-Stealth. The loud sounds like a 500 2 stroke, I guess I would rather not sound that loud!

The Q-Stealth seems to dull the hit on the bike, yes. I guess I do as much to dull the hit and make the power manageable. I have not yet had a Q become a "spooge" magnet. I would imagine the guys who get all spooged up are running Amsoil Dominator or the like. That oil is meant for a motocross guy who is bouncing off the rev limiter and on the pipe the whole race. Of course when you ride a 300 2 stroke with a high flash point oil in the woods, yeah the silencer will get spooged up. I have seen a few Turbine core silencers with a nasty snot spooge leaking out the back. It may take a bit longer, but it still builds up. I ran nearly 2 seasons 100+ hours on one Q-Stealth with no repack and I can honestly say, that silencer was still quieter than the rest and I appreciated it. It is a long silencer, so yes that can be a detriment. The Q, IMHO is the best out there.

I have never tried the Leo or the Doma. I have seen both and they both looked like a very well built product.

Moral of my story is if you do not want spooge, bounce your bike off the rev limiter when your riding, and that spooge issue will go away! Or maybe buy cheaper/lower flash point oil and that may not be an issue. To all the Amsoil guys out there, I apologize, its a great oil for some applications. For riding in the woods, there are better oils out there.

Fred1956 08-13-2013 01:59 PM

I have the LeoV X3 and it is on it's 3rd different bike, I broke the carbon fiber end cap on it once (it isn't a functional piece so no biggie, I won't replace the cap again) I love it for the quietness, + I can't feel any difference between the X3 power & the Cannon Loud, which I have tried. I would agree with djroggen about the noise level of the Loud, not for me in the woods but maybe OK for MX.
FWIW I run Amsoil Dominator at 50:1 94 octane no ethanol and the X3 runs very clean. I never take the spark arrestor out either

twowheels 08-13-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djroggen (Post 117592)
To all the Amsoil guys out there, I apologize, its a great oil for some applications. For riding in the woods, there are better oils out there.

OK, for the sake of conversation (and to see if everyone has learned to be civil ;)) I'll bite - what is your favorite 'woods oil'?

desertgasser300 08-13-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twowheels (Post 117597)
OK, for the sake of conversation (and to see if everyone has learned to be civil ;)) I'll bite - what is your favorite 'woods oil'?

WOODS OIL...........arghhhh!!!!!!!!! No woods oil, they all suck!!!! J/K thought I would mess with you. :D:D

StuJohnson 08-13-2013 03:57 PM

Wait.....your supposed to put woods oil in our bikes.....???? ;)

twowheels 08-13-2013 06:30 PM

Apparently so ...

PlusOnePerformance

hamilton 08-13-2013 06:37 PM

I would like to thank djroggen and Fred1956 for there post, that was some good info and very helpful for me.