Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   "Wanted to Buy" & "Want To Trade" (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Keihin 38mm Carb (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19632)

hamilton 05-28-2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakobi (Post 153221)
How did you manage that? and where did the broken part go? tbh I'd put the tools to work and just smooth it out. It'll make some difference, but imo not a world of difference.

If you cleaned the rough edges so that no small pieces could come loose (READ STUCK THROTTLE) and maybe tweaked the jetting slightly I doubt you could even notice a performance difference.

GLantern 05-28-2015 07:08 PM

Well I got a new jet kit wouldn't be hard to tweak it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GLantern 06-05-2015 10:12 PM

I put the bike back together, just waiting for some fluids to show up. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I took your advice Hamilton and cleaned it up nice, removing all the rough edges.

Jakobi 06-06-2015 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamilton (Post 153223)
If you cleaned the rough edges so that no small pieces could come loose (READ STUCK THROTTLE) and maybe tweaked the jetting slightly I doubt you could even notice a performance difference.

Roger that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLantern (Post 153628)
I put the bike back together, just waiting for some fluids to show up. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I took your advice Hamilton and cleaned it up nice, removing all the rough edges.

Good work mate! Sorry I missed your last question.

gg3 06-06-2015 03:57 AM

If it is noticeable,which I doubt,would a Power Now smooth & enhance the air flow to counter act the damage.(I really just want GLantern to buy one to see what they do,always been interested in the performance gains.)

Jakobi 06-06-2015 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gg3 (Post 153643)
If it is noticeable,which I doubt,would a Power Now smooth & enhance the air flow to counter act the damage.(I really just want GLantern to buy one to see what they do,always been interested in the performance gains.)

I was thinking the same thing, but personally don't think they make that much difference. Was offered one to test at one point, and declined. Did jet a TE300 with one installed, but was a fresh engine + FWW, plus moved from JD to Suzuki needles so no real baseline to determine the overall effect of the divider itself.

GLantern 06-06-2015 06:40 AM

What's a power now? Tell me more

memphis2857 06-06-2015 11:13 AM

I have one (power now) laying somewhere in the corner of my garage. Total 100% complete waste of money. My last GG had one in it when I got it. If you buy one let me know and I will sell you some Snake Oil.