Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Product Reviews (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   APT SmartCarb (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13471)

nambo-trev 05-29-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motosportz (Post 112879)
No but the first comment was how my info was not welcome here and I'm not going to play that game. I have been 100% honest throughout. I wrote glowing report about the APT, loved the carb and wrote volumes about it on the husky forum. Tried to become a dealer, they have no product nor do dealers so that was not an option. Got a Lectron, thought it offered a bunch too and signed up. I have been upfront about all this. I don't care to get into pissing matches and if you were on the husky forum you would know I ride a ton, am very involved, love products that enhance the sport we love. I make very little on the Lectrons, have spend many hours understanding it and even making custom rods for the unique needs of the 125-165 motors. I absolutely do not care if you order direct from the very helpful people at Lecton and bypass me altogether. This is not my core biz nor do I make much of anything on them. I posted in the Lectron thread and should have left it there from the get go but saw LOTS of Lectron discussion here to and thought I would lend some facts from my vast knowledge of that product regardless if i sell them or not. I never kept that a secret in any way and it is posted here in several places.

I will leave you to your APT thread now, great carbs, have fun.

Lol I was referring to the other guy Kelly not you! And by the way I appreciate all of the helpful input you and many others add to this site.:)

AZRickD 05-29-2013 03:36 PM

Oh, great. Now you went and skeered him off. :(

Durn your lousy syntax and punctuation, Nambo-Trev. !!!

nambo-trev 05-29-2013 03:46 PM

If you were closer I'd get some lessons from you bro I seem to have been somewhat challenged in the communication department lately! Lucky for me I have you to keep reminding me;)

GMP 05-29-2013 04:04 PM

This thread just went totally ridiculous for no reason at all. I'm done explaining myself, if you feel that hurt so be it but it was not intentional.

Motosportz 05-29-2013 04:23 PM

Was neither of you it was...

Todd5774

"Well yes. This is a thread about the Smartcarb and your posting/defending the benefits of the lectron. And your a lectron dealer."

I feared this as I posted, the first response was go away so I deleted this stuff. No harm not offended or scared off just not going to play that game over and over. I'll leave my comments to the Lectron thread then everyone is happy, I hope.

Thanks.

singletracker 05-29-2013 10:27 PM

GMP,
I respect your opinion regarding anything GG and dirt bikes as you've demonstrated your knowledge and ability to fabricate parts many times. Having said that, I wish you could try both the Lectron and APT so your theories could be proved or disproved. I have the Lectron, but I really don't have a dog in the fight as I'm not a dealer and stand to gain nothing either way. Perhaps the APT will be found to be a superior carb, but the more I read about people's experiences with both, I am becoming more convinced that the difference isn't as great as some have implied.

The only thing I've read that I can fault you on thus far is the comment about not wanting to mess with the airboot any more than necessary to adjust the carb. I can definitely see where you're coming from, but the Lectron actually solved all of my airboot problems due to its longer length. Now I simply loosen the clamps and rotate the carb to adjust it without fear of the airboot not sealing properly. Better yet, adjustments are few and far between once it is initially dialed in.

No disrespect intended.

GMP 05-29-2013 10:54 PM

Hey, no offense taken, it's just a discussion. Also, I have not yet used either carb, I'm just commenting on the engineering differences between the two, as far as the compensation. It just makes sense that the APT should be slightly better as its more advanced, that's it. Likely the Lectron is perfectly adequate though. The APT adjuster is just a simple, no tools affair. I can't see how that is anything but better.
Truth is both of these are in very small field populations, and no cast APTs yet, so we will learn a lot more about both including reliability and durability in the future. The thing to realize as I have said is that the companies have two different missions, APT looking a lot farther down the road than replacement carbs for bikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Todd5774 05-30-2013 07:37 AM

Motosportz you have a pm.

Corey 05-30-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMP (Post 112944)
Hey, no offense taken, it's just a discussion. Also, I have not yet used either carb, I'm just commenting on the engineering differences between the two, as far as the compensation. It just makes sense that the APT should be slightly better as its more advanced, that's it. Likely the Lectron is perfectly adequate though. The APT adjuster is just a simple, no tools affair. I can't see how that is anything but better.
Truth is both of these are in very small field populations, and no cast APTs yet, so we will learn a lot more about both including reliability and durability in the future. The thing to realize as I have said is that the companies have two different missions, APT looking a lot farther down the road than replacement carbs for bikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Did I miss something here? :D

I think we have been more than honest about the history of the SmartCarb, my direct involvement with Red (the inventor of Lectron) during the development of the SC and our intentions as a company.

We are not chasing the carburetor market, our competition is FI, and we are well aware of Lectron's limitations, even with Kelly's new found expertise about metering rods. :eek: Our pursuit is a viable emissions reduction strategy, which is clearly what is driving our industry. The pursuit of the cast carburetor was for satisfying OEM interests and a comparable price point in the aftermarket.

Corey 05-30-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singletracker (Post 112935)
GMP,
I respect your opinion regarding anything GG and dirt bikes as you've demonstrated your knowledge and ability to fabricate parts many times. Having said that, I wish you could try both the Lectron and APT so your theories could be proved or disproved. I have the Lectron, but I really don't have a dog in the fight as I'm not a dealer and stand to gain nothing either way. Perhaps the APT will be found to be a superior carb, but the more I read about people's experiences with both, I am becoming more convinced that the difference isn't as great as some have implied.

Anyone with a perfectly dialed Lectron is welcome to come by our facilities any time and we would be happy to do a back to back comparison for free. And then we can go ride the mountains of Colorado and Wyoming for the real proof.