Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Product Reviews (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   APT SmartCarb (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13471)

andoman 06-04-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coop (Post 113402)
That was Marshal, not smith. They ran the stock carb on Marshal's bike, might run the Smart Carb at Mount Morris but it will be a different rider due to Marshal's shoulder injury.

See the title of my last post ;)

I didn't know that he had been hurt. Bummer.

Coop 06-05-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andoman (Post 113420)
See the title of my last post ;)

I didn't know that he had been hurt. Bummer.

Sorry I never read titles and when you quoted that post I got confused LOL.

Yes he hit Canard's bike early in moto 1 and separated his shoulder. They have some leads on a good replacement rider but I do not think they signed anyone yet (I am a moderator on twostrokemotocross).

john r b 06-13-2013 01:59 PM

apt

Has anyone w/ a billet carb. received the updated float bowl w/ drain??
Thanks.

Jakobi 06-13-2013 03:20 PM

I received a new billet which has the drain bolt.

john r b 06-13-2013 05:15 PM

Thanks Jake, I was thinking of the folk's who've had there's a while.
As for myself 7months. couldn't be happier,even more so when the cast
36 show's up for the 200.. But an update on the newer bowl's would be
great.

John

Jakobi 06-13-2013 09:16 PM

I'll sell you the whole thing.. float bowl and all. Not impressed with it.

Note: time to talk to Corey.

Jiikoo811 06-13-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakobi (Post 113957)
I'll sell you the whole thing.. float bowl and all. Not impressed with it.

Note: time to talk to Corey.

You say Lectron is better than SC?

Sent from Razr MAXX

Jakobi 06-13-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiikoo811 (Post 113966)
You say Lectron is better than SC?

In fairness to APT, I need to talk to Corey before making claims like that.. My own personal experience with the Smart Carb hasn't been impressive. There have been a few small things that I'm not too happy about (fit, return spring on the slide binding, poor feel on the clicker/adjuster) but I can live with these. I've put a few hours on it now and I just can't get it to run close to where I want it to be. I know I said the Lectron wasn't 100% either, but in comparison, the SC is only around 75%, the Lectron was 90%. This doesn't mean that the Smart Carb won't be perfect.. Its just not there yet..

Jiikoo811 06-14-2013 12:53 AM

Ok, i see. How about Lectron/SC vs. stock Keihin with good jetting? In your % scale of perfectness? :) Mine pwk works pretty nice but it can be just because i dont know better...yet. I'd Like to try Lectron or SC someday but it is worth of money spent is what i thinking?

Sent from Razr MAXX

Jakobi 06-14-2013 02:01 AM

That was comparing to my PWK.. I'd consider that as close to perfect but I did put it a lot of hours tinkering to get there, and even then it had run lean at times.. But the complexity of it, allowed me to change exactly what I wasn't happy with.. It had more adjustability, which allowed better results.

After 90km loop today mixed riding.. The APT carb just hit reserve when warming it up after its wash. Very similar to what I used to get with the PWK too.