Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Western United States (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Nor-Cal riders reply (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13159)

Synergy-Seals 08-28-2012 09:55 AM

Nor-Cal riders reply

Lets get a list of GG riders going here.

This thread is for norcal only please. It would be great to ride with each other and be one in GG:cool:

I am in valley springs.

Rob

Rick 08-28-2012 10:57 AM

Rob,

Lodi, just down the hill.

It would be cool to get a Nor.Cal ride on the calender. By the second or third week of Oct, we get a rain in the mountains...most of the time. I'd say a weekend camping / riding trip to like Elkins Flat / PiPi would be in order.
There is no D36 enduro on that weekend, the 49'er is the 10/28/12.

Just throwing this out there.......

husley 08-28-2012 02:48 PM

Hi

Justin.....near Rick

Rick 08-28-2012 04:24 PM

Pinenuts would also been great.......killer singletrack out there as well.

Synergy-Seals 08-28-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick (Post 93724)
Pinenuts would also been great.......killer singletrack out there as well.

Oh we need to get together then.

My number is down below my signature

husley 08-29-2012 12:41 AM

:)

I know where we can stage from ;)

Brian 08-29-2012 12:55 AM

So in! SJ area.

roverhybrids 08-29-2012 09:01 AM

Redding, Ca

-Shane

desertgasser300 08-29-2012 11:33 AM

I wish the AZ riders were this responsive to get a ride together.

Synergy-Seals 08-29-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husley (Post 93766)
I know where we can stage from ;)

We need to get out there soon.

Rick 08-29-2012 01:09 PM

I would be more than happy to take the lead if were to ride at Elkins Flat. But, I am not going to speak for the entire group as to where a ride should take place.

I think it would be a pretty long haul for Shane to make the trip to Minden, NV, but that is just hinking out loud.

I have been to Pine Nuts twice, and both times I was just following the leader, so I would NOT be the guy to lead this ride. Pine Nuts is a great place to ride, but local inside info would produce the best trails.

Like I said, I'd more than happy to put a ride together, the next step is to decide where, and what weekend. Pretty much between now and when the first snow fall.

19-21 Oct works for me.

Brian 09-01-2012 02:53 AM

I'd prefer this side of the crest..easier for me to get to. I'm free mid Sept on. Very interested in this ride, I'll do my best to make it.

Synergy-Seals 09-02-2012 04:21 PM

This list of riders is getting bigger. Oct sounds good in 49er country. Pipi is a good area to play. I know the area very. The ride up to the lookout tower is always great.

Rick 09-03-2012 01:15 PM

Yea....the trail to the lookout tower is pretty cool, forgot about that.

I think we go for it.....let's make this happen...regardless of how many folks show up.

sierrarider 09-04-2012 12:52 PM

Count me in on this. I'm too close to Nor-Cal to be left out

Rick 09-04-2012 01:09 PM

Jon,

Thanks for jumping in.....where you been hiding?

sierrarider 09-06-2012 06:47 PM

Hi Rick,
Not been hiding so much...just maintaining a low profile! Not riding enough lately and looking for a good reason to make some fun plans with good people. Bring on the ride!!! Might even camp out for the weekend depending on the location.

Rick 09-06-2012 07:43 PM

Well...since Rob brought this up, and I have been following this pretty close I will get the ball rolling:D

So far we have:

Rob (confirmed)
Jon (confirmed)
Rick (confirmed)
Brian

I think Elkins Flat / PiPi Valley OHV would be a great place to get together. Jon & Justin your just over the hill on 88 and your there. Rob is just up the hill from me, so were all about 1.5 hrs from the staging area. Brian, being over in the bay, has a bit of a drive, but still close enough for a weekend riding trip without feeling like a 6 hour drive....but with Bay area traffic...it could be:rolleyes:

Date: 19-21 Oct 2012
Place: Elkins Flat, OHV area. http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/eldor...78512&actid=93

I will take that Friday off and be up there mid morning to get a campsite with enough room to support the crew. I will also bring my Husky (chainsaw) that is to ensure we have ample fire wood. My camp will consist of a cot, so I plan on packing lite.

If you are bringing a RV let me know before hand so I can get a spot for your rig.

The staging area is well marked off the North/South road.

There will be a pie plate and some glow sticks at the entrance for those who may show up after dark on Friday.

Friday & Friday's night meals will be on your own, however there will be a fire pit for grilling / bbq.

As for Saturday night, the meal plan will be bbq chicken if that works for everyone. I will pony up the main course....just cause I'm a nice guy;)

I will have a camp stove and cooking gear if anyone may need it.

The agenda is pretty simple...RIDE!!!

There is a crapper on site, vault type so bring extra.......T.P

Water: No running water, so bring plenty....

Cell Service: Sprint nor Verizion has a signal....so your pretty much out of reach.....

Hospital: is located in Jackson, sbout 30 miles away.

If all works out right, we should get a rain before hand dampen the forrest to keep the dust settled.

I know my way around this place pretty good, Rob, being close to his backyard as well, we can put some really good loops together that we all can do on OEM gas tanks.

There is a general store a mile east on SR88 after the Omo Ranch Rd turn off. Not sure if they have gas, but have supplies if needed.

Jackson is the biggest town before you head up the hill on SR88. There are several stores, gas stations for ice and chow.

One last thing, if you have a Red Sticker bike, your good to go!

That is pretty much the jist of things. As riders confirm, I will update accordingly.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone!

husley 09-07-2012 06:20 AM

:(

I work that weekend :(

Thanks for the invite and have fun!

We might be up there the following weekend as Karna wants to ride the 49'er. I imagine they will be out there marking the course the weekend you guys are up there so keep on the look out around blind corners.

Ice/snow permitting maybe ride Nov or Dec on the eastern side of the Sierra's?

Have fun

p.s. I am a Central Valley person just down 99 from you Rick

Rick 09-07-2012 09:17 AM

Justin,

Dang...that sucks.....We will need to get together for a Pine Nuts ride for sure! I love that place.....it is worth the drive over 88 for me!!!!

Synergy-Seals 09-07-2012 01:20 PM

Rick. Sounds great. Ount me in for saturday....i might show up friday nite.

Btw ..cell does work onthe lower 25....... i know from when i dislocated the left zhoulder in 09.

See ya rob

sierrarider 09-07-2012 04:54 PM

That weekend will work for me and I will be bringing the toyhauler out so I will need some space. I'm offering to share some sleeping space on the garage floor (carpeted & heated) for anyone interested in staying overnight that isn't setup for it.

Sorry you can't make it Justin

Rick 09-07-2012 04:55 PM

Excellent!!! Good to hear you are making the trek! See you then!

Rick 10-07-2012 11:40 AM

Slight chance of rain for next early next week.....more than likely not enough to dampen the dust.....
Is everyone still a go?

Any other takers....

Rob i spoke to Lewisport they may make the trip. I will check in with them next week.

husley 10-07-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick (Post 96012)
Slight chance of rain for next early next week.....more than likely not enough to dampen the dust.....
Is everyone still a go?

Any other takers....

Rob i spoke to Lewisport they may make the trip. I will check in with them next week.

Adrian might come now? Now I wanna really come along- working :(

sierrarider 10-08-2012 11:48 AM

I'm in and will be bringing some friends

Brian 10-09-2012 01:09 AM

Really wish I could make this. :mad: Should be a fun one.

Synergy-Seals 10-11-2012 11:53 AM

Looks like some clouds may show up thur-sat.....i sure hope so. My 300 will be fitted with kyb/sachs forks....i cant wait
Rick. I called you last nite
Rob

Rick 10-11-2012 12:26 PM

Called you back, left a v/m.

Lewisport may be on the hook, I will follow up on the 18th, sounding pretty good that his crew will make it out for a day.

Thanks

Rick 10-13-2012 04:37 PM

Any more takers.......looking forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks

Rick 10-14-2012 02:19 PM

As of today my plan is to leave Lodi in the morning with a arrival to the stage area around 10-11 am.

First order will be to secure a site for Jon and his rv with his arrival around noon time.
Once Jon gets into camp and is set up we'll get some fire wood for the weekend.
We'll then put a plan together for the weekend riding.

Thanks

Rick 10-18-2012 04:52 PM

Getting close....I am out of here for the weekend! Thoses of you coming up, have a safe ride!

Rick 10-22-2012 12:14 PM

Pretty good weekend of riding.......Jon and his crew made the trip and Rob arrived Saturday morning as planed. We got off to semi late start Saturday morning and logged in about 40 miles. The area we were riding in has seen very little rain so the trails were really dry, dusty and plenty of silt which made it challenge for a group to ride together.......

I hope Jon and his crew were able to get out of the staging area today, Nor.Cal has a fall storm that blew in late Sunday and snow level was right at 4500-5000 feet with plenty of rain over the next few days.

I had a great time, it was nice to be able to meet Rob and it looks like he has his new forks dailed in.

Jon, thanks for making the trip over the pass, I hope you guys got out of the campsite "ok".

Thanks

Synergy-Seals 10-22-2012 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks rick for arranging the ride. It was nice to get out. Great to meet you all and look foeward to the next ride.

Rob

Rick 10-22-2012 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a non dusty shot of the ole 99'er!

sierrarider 10-25-2012 11:14 AM

It was a fun weekend riding with new and old friends. I got caught over the summit in California and had to stay down in the valley an extra night but managed to get home Tuesday night...barely! I had to put it in 4 wheel drive due to slick roads.
The weather didn't work in our favor this time but it was still a good time. :)

Jon

Synergy-Seals 10-25-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sierrarider (Post 97400)
It was a fun weekend riding with new and old friends. I got caught over the summit in California and had to stay down in the valley an extra night but managed to get home Tuesday night...barely! I had to put it in 4 wheel drive due to slick roads.
The weather didn't work in our favor this time but it was still a good time. :)

Jon

Jon. I enjoyed watching you ride....very smooth.

Rob

sierrarider 10-25-2012 06:37 PM

Thanks Rob.
Too bad there was so much dust. It made it difficult to ride together. Nice to meet and ride together.