Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   NorthEast United States (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Norheast member ride ideas (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2004)

GMP 01-09-2008 03:24 PM

Norheast member ride ideas

Kick some around.

Seriously, here the terrain is awesome but its all illegal and a big group would attract to much attention. We have to operate like SEAL teams.

I don't have the time to chase points and can only do maybe 6 or so races a year. A tight race schedule is not a big problem for me. I do hit my favorites every year though.

ECEA enduro? Rattlesnake in western PA is great with great camping. Perhaps too far for some.

NETRA Enduro?

Hancock Dual Sport? This is NOT a typical dual sport, more like a 2-day trail ride, very cool.

Maybe some tralriding in New England in range of a campground would be the best.

Cruiser 01-09-2008 04:07 PM

How bout the CF charity ride up there in conn. or was it NH? Thats a 2 day fun ride.. I'll tow a trailer on the jeep Glenn..
Steve

Cruiser 01-09-2008 04:16 PM

Dont forget there is Reading anthricite land nearby. I'm planning on getting my permit soon as I can,, its $100per year and 20K acres or so of riding, from c trail to AA/pro level from broad mtn enduro. I'll ask my buddy who sets up the Jim Thorpe DS how he gets event type use of this area.. Maybe We can get a guest pass for out of towners or something?
Steve

GMP 01-09-2008 05:23 PM

Steve,

I had no idea that was still open for more permits. I want one, when is the sale date?

fury1 01-09-2008 05:27 PM

I have run the classic in the past,great event,this would be a great idea,dont they have a SMOG ride in NY every year? Im sure they would welcome us to the ride

GMP 01-09-2008 05:37 PM

A non-competitive event might be better, as we can shoot the s$%t over a few beers and there is no pressure.

Lets put some dates to these established possibilities when they are available.

Cruiser 01-09-2008 06:07 PM

Glenn,
I'll get the info on the permit, I got mine last year but never used it,, only rode 5 times all year,, this year will be different!!
Steve

Cruiser 01-09-2008 06:17 PM

If anybody is interested,, http://www.readinganthracite.com/
Click on the access permit for the pdf info,,
Steve

Brian VT 01-09-2008 06:54 PM

The NE Classic is a 2-day non-competitive ride. One day is usually an easier ride than the other. Camping and the start is at the NH Intl. Speedway. They usually have road bikes, karts, oval cars, etc. practicing at the track. It's a fun, laid back weekend.
Also, it is a charity event so some of you may be slick enough to write the whole thing off ? LOL.
Links:
http://www.cff.org/Chapters/newengla...ex.cfm?id=5669
http://www.mvtr.org/events/classic20...c2007album.htm

Skidad 01-09-2008 07:23 PM

The NH Classic is a santioned national dual sport ride. All I can say is it's awesome. From easy to down right gnarly if you choose some of the hero sections like the "Back Door To Hell" section they ran one year. This year they got some good stuff back through some creative trail cutting I read. Ride 1 day or 2. Plenty of camping space and nearby motels etc. Special supervised course for kids while you ride and a big bike ride also

Hancock Dual Sport same situation. Awesome ride with great trails and all those hills. Camping is good but lodging a bit more spread out then the NH ride. Well worth the trip if you haven't done it. Did I mention the hills. Really cool.

Skidad in MA

fury1 01-10-2008 05:37 PM

pretty sure we could get seven guys from around this area

skid jackson 01-11-2008 10:39 PM

Do both the classic in NH, and then the quarry run in NY. Someone can't make one then they can do the other. I'm only 20 minutes from the classic and it is put on by the dirtbike club I belong to. I've been meaning to make it out to Hancock tho. How about the fall gncc event at unadilla?? One of the jersey enduros in the spring ... lots of opportunites out there.

GMP 01-17-2008 12:25 PM

The schedules are out. I'lll try and put some dates for events up later. The only date I have a problem with so far is the NH ride unfortunately, wife beat me to that date.:mad:

JoshP 01-18-2008 12:00 PM

Hancock and NH are on the calendar hopefully on of those will work for some of the cats on this board. Not sure If I'm going to play at the beach down in South Jersey or not though. Too bad Paragon is not open anymore it wasn't the best but you could have alot of fun for two days.

GMP 01-18-2008 02:36 PM

Hancock Quarry Run, Aug 9-10.

That works OK for me and is always a blast.

The Good Kuggamugga Ride, April 19-20.

This is also near Hancock but on the Resevoir Hill property. A 20 mile technical loop laid out by Chris Smith. Pretty good, smaller and more low key than the Quarry Run, I went last spring.

bucksnbikes 01-21-2008 01:20 PM

Glenn,
If there's enough GasGas riders interested in doing the Quarry Run I'll check with Bill and see if we could all camp up on the club property:)

Ernie

GMP 01-21-2008 07:44 PM

Ernie,

That would be cool, that nice vintage MX track is there as well as the single track. Nice camping too, not all cramped up in the ball field. Only thing is its a bit far from fireman's field, isn't it?

I have an idea I'll call you about tommorrow.

bucksnbikes 01-22-2008 07:02 AM

Glenn,
What we did last year was sign up on Fri. and just leave from the club property, you only miss a couple miles which is mostly road.

Ernie

fury1 01-22-2008 02:22 PM

lets do it!!!

eff 01-22-2008 04:14 PM

That is usually a bad weekend for me, but if I'd be interested if I can go.

Cruiser 01-22-2008 04:43 PM

Why does RRMC always do the ds run on our clubs hare scramble,, every year! Even when we move it one weekend they follow us(HMDR).. I might just have to miss my own clubs race this one time,,
Steve

GMP 01-22-2008 09:47 PM

eff,

If I don't get dates on the calender as soon as they are available, my wife will make a lot of weekends bad for me.

Whats cool about this ride is you make it what you want. You can blitz it, cruise, or a mix, whatever you want. The hills and the scenery are awesome as well, and the people up there are great.

The only problem I see is for the NETRA guys chasing points as the Noble Woods is that weekend.

fury1 01-23-2008 03:14 AM

well we do have a throwaway!

GMP 01-23-2008 06:40 AM

OK then, lets see a show of hands for the Quarry Run, August 9-10 2008.

If this works for most, Ernie and I will inquire about a better camping spot and details will follow.

Brian VT 01-23-2008 06:59 AM

Noble Woods for me.
Maybe I'll see a few of you guys at Sandy Lane, March 16 ?

eff 01-23-2008 07:17 AM

That weekend is traditionally our vacation weekend because it coincides with the VJ Day holiday (it's a RI thing). I put it on the calendar however, but I still need to discuss it.

skid jackson 01-23-2008 10:47 PM

I wonder how many people in RI actually know what VJ stands for??

eff 01-24-2008 07:04 AM

At least everyone over 40. At some point they changed it to Victory Day to be PC.

GMP 01-29-2008 09:45 PM

I'll be at Sandy Lane.

I have another idea, I have to talk to a couple people first. For now though the Quarry Run looks the best.

WoodsRider 02-26-2008 12:01 PM

For the past couple years I've hosted a (very) informal Gas Gas ride in the fall after most of the racing organizations are done for the season. Two years ago it was held at CATRAland and last year I held it on some land a friend of mine owns. Mostly it's just local people, who ride Gassers, that I've invited. We've always had a good time getting together, swapping rides and lies.

While getting together at an organized event is always great, I'm sure we could put our heads together and come up with some sort of Gas Gas-only ride.

Cruiser 02-26-2008 08:48 PM

How about the kawabunga ride thats coming up,, same trails as the quarry run..
Steve

GMP 02-26-2008 09:22 PM

Steve,

Actually the trails are not the same, they are on the resevoir hill property. Chris Smith laid out about 25 miles or so last year, plus a vintage MX track and a lot of stuff the kids could ride. I'm going again this year, towing the camper up, you in?

Cruiser 02-27-2008 04:13 AM

I believe I'm in for that.. A few of my older riding buddies are going too.
Steve