Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2011 Nambotin's (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10304)

onegreyghost 08-08-2011 08:22 PM

2011 Nambotin's

I ordered mine today. Has anyone received their Nambos yet and could you share your opinions and details of the bike.

Thanks

john01 08-08-2011 10:04 PM

You lucky son of a gun! Awesome. So when will you actually get the bike?

gasmonkey 08-09-2011 04:31 AM

I got my 11300 race the other day.Oh baby what a sweet machine thats just jumping out of it's skin.Those 48 zokes are just heaven.My 4th gasser in 10 yrs and the best so far.The fit and finish premo.

noobi 08-09-2011 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasmonkey (Post 68179)
I got my 11300 race the other day.Oh baby what a sweet machine thats just jumping out of it's skin.Those 48 zokes are just heaven.My 4th gasser in 10 yrs and the best so far.The fit and finish premo.

Can I have a go? :D

gasmonkey 08-09-2011 04:51 AM

If you ask nicely and bring the pies,i'm sure I can accomadate you.

john01 08-09-2011 06:47 AM

Congrats on your 300 RACE! Did it come with the extra stuff top end kit etc?

GMP 08-09-2011 08:44 AM

I might do that ('11 300 Race) if the deal is right and the forks work decent with no first year flaws. How do they work in rocks/roots/sharp edge stuff? As long as they can be valved correctly without drama no problem. I'm just waiting for some ride reports, and the price of the '12 before I pull the trigger.

Clay 08-09-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMP (Post 68186)
I might do that ('11 300 Race) if the deal is right and the forks work decent with no first year flaws. How do they work in rocks/roots/sharp edge stuff? As long as they can be valved correctly without drama no problem. I'm just waiting for some ride reports, and the price of the '12 before I pull the trigger.

Glenn,
Jeff Melik has quite a bit of time on the new 300 race wth the 48 Zokes. He says they take about 10 hours to break in. Then he told me they were the best stock fork he had ever ridden. After the rocky/rooty PA National Enduro two weekends ago, he told me that he thought the re-valved Ohlins were prolly better on the little stuff but that the Zokes had waaaay better bottoming resistance. He said he was going to have his suspension guy lighten up the initial travel for little stuff.
I got a Nambo for me and my son but we haven't even started them yet. Hopefully can ride them later this week.
Clay

GMP 08-09-2011 09:45 AM

Thanks Clay. I anticipate some valving tweaks, always do that. I was bummed I missed the national and meeting you guys in CrossFork, been doing that one for years. I waited for a buddy to clear his schedule and missed the 500 rider cap. By PA standards, thats a fairly smooth course.:eek:

nambo-trev 08-09-2011 09:50 AM

I had been offered a nambo from a dealer but it really puts me off that they arrive so late in the season for us up here in Canada. If were lucky we ride into the first week of November. The nambo arriving early to mid august in my opinion is really horrible for the guys wanting to get a whole summer of riding in on there new bike. Whatever there reasoning is, it seems to me like a poorly laid out plan to showcase there flagship bikes at the end of summer right before the 12's are released. Just my 2 cents