Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Having problems with my bike. (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24915)

GG221 01-05-2020 10:57 AM

Having problems with my bike.

2018 300 XC

I am having the following problems, not sure if they?re all related or separate issues, but started happening about the same time.

-bike is overheating very easily. I have changed head o-rings, T-stat bypass hose kit, 2.0 bar radiator cap, and I can see that the pump is working by looking in the top of the radiator. Still overheating.

-rattling noise in motor. It sounds like a jar of bolts is rattling around inside my motor, very loud and happens at idle and while riding. Something is loose somewhere? Hard to pinpoint where it?s coming from. Almost sounds like power valve but extremely loud.

-bike is bogging down when opening the throttle. Like it is sucking air somewhere. This may be a separate issue as it just started happening. I noticed it was doing it occasionally two ride ago in cold temps at open throttle. I changed jetting, one up on main and it was worse. Went back to original main and changed to one clip richer on needle and still worse. Went back to original jetting and now it is still doing it and it?s getting worse as time goes on. Keep in mind the jetting that I am at now is what I?ve been using for a long time throughout many temp ranges and it has been flawless. Getting a very severe bog at 1/3 throttle opening while riding.

I am going to start tearing everything apart. Ideas?

Moto7man 01-05-2020 12:17 PM

For starters, Do a leak down test. Pull off the pipe and look up the exhaust port to check the condition of the piston.

(F5) 01-05-2020 01:24 PM

A mates 15 had pv adjuster come loose which made all sorts of noises plus crap running.

Doc Brown 01-07-2020 11:41 AM

Anoter vote for the PV adjuster.

Take a closer look at the water pump, a view inside the rad means nothing. If seen bikes where the impeller came loose. The 2.0 bar rad cap is crap, it masks the problem rather than solve it...

GG221 01-17-2020 12:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I looked at my water pump impeller. It is fully intact and not loose.
I looked at my power valve adjuster, also it is not loose. I did notice some fluid inside and some white greasy stuff, not sure if this is normal or not? The fluid is red, my premix and my tranny oil are both red so not sure what it could be. Any other ideas?

TGM_OFFROAD 01-17-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GG221 (Post 193500)
I looked at my water pump impeller. It is fully intact and not loose.
I looked at my power valve adjuster, also it is not loose. I did notice some fluid inside and some white greasy stuff, not sure if this is normal or not? The fluid is red, my premix and my tranny oil are both red so not sure what it could be. Any other ideas?

My 18 gets fluid under that cap too, I also use atf and red premix but due to location I am assuming that is trans fluid

Doc Brown 01-17-2020 03:55 PM

Same on both bikes in my garage, my buds GP 300 and my EC 300. I am pretty sure it's gear oil under the cap as all the parts of the PV actuation system are running in gear oil.

GG221 01-21-2020 09:24 PM

Could the noise problem be coming from the clutch? I remember one of the recall items was a washer somewhere in the clutch. The dealer I bought my bike from was far from capable so I?m wondering if this never was done and something came loose?

TGM_OFFROAD 01-21-2020 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GG221 (Post 193566)
Could the noise problem be coming from the clutch? I remember one of the recall items was a washer somewhere in the clutch. The dealer I bought my bike from was far from capable so I?m wondering if this never was done and something came loose?

The clutch on these bikes are normally super noisy. Does the sound get quieter when you pull in the clutch lever?