Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Slow Gas Gas Ec300 help!!! (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3291)

clerky clerk 09-15-2008 12:44 PM

Slow Gas Gas Ec300 help!!!

Does anyone know what could be wrong with my ec300 it seems underpowered it doesnt want to wheelie no matter how much stick i give it. The compression seems good as it is hard to kick and it runs well and rattle free (as rattle free as a 2 stroke can) The reviews I have read make out as though it is meant to be an animal, this sure is not, please HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!:eek:

ferguscawley 09-15-2008 12:55 PM

Tell me more - what year is the bike ?. is it brand new or used ?. Waht exhaust does it have ?. Have you looked at the powervalve to see if it is working ?

Fergus

GMP 09-15-2008 02:24 PM

Please keep this in one forum. This is fine and I will delete the thread in the General forum. As was stated please provide more info, thanks.

2 strokes 4 life 09-15-2008 03:11 PM

Air fliter, clean carb, proper jetting, changed oil, powervalve, spark plug, ignition and many other things could be wrong. Please, we need more info.

clerky clerk 09-16-2008 01:28 AM

Slow gas gas ec300

Hi and thank you for your assistance. The bike is a 2001, it has recently had a top end rebuild (small end bearings etc), I have just recently changed the plug, appart from that it is as I bought it. Where will I find the power-valve and how do I check if its working? I will look at the exhaust model when I get home.:)
Is it right in saying these bikes are one of the quickest, as I cannot stand with a yzf 250 4stroke at the moment!

Bearman 09-16-2008 02:47 AM

What gearing have you got on it?

ferguscawley 09-16-2008 03:36 AM

Was the top-end rebuild done by somebody competent ?. There is a possibility the piston may have been installed wrong way round. There is also the possibility that the powervalve actuating rod is not properly attached to the powervalve itself.

To check powervalve operation, remove front exhaust pipe, then remove small cover on right hand side of engine (3 bolts hold it in place). Replace exhaust pipe and start the bike. When revving the bike, you should see the powervalve actuating rod moving up and down with revs. If not, then it is most likely the little grub screw that clamps this rod in place is loose (you will need to replace right hand side engine casing to fix this).

Go to the gasgasmotos.es site and download a manual for free and have a look at it. it will help greatly.

Fergus

clerky clerk 09-16-2008 06:17 AM

Slow Gas Gas Ec300

Im unsure as to what gearing? its all standard.

clerky clerk 09-16-2008 06:29 AM

Slow gas gas ec300

Thanks Fergus.:)

Wicitup 09-21-2008 08:03 PM

Check the silencer and make sure it is not plugged. I have a friend that we think that this is a problem with his ec300.