Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   My Introduction (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16726)

Buysomerice 02-12-2014 06:02 PM

My Introduction

Hello all. I've been creeping the forums for awhile now and figured I'd finally post up. I started by digging for info on gasgas's, which in turn sold me on them and I was lucky to pick one up. I'm in Missouri and picked up a new leftover 2012 ec300r from Motorcycles and More Inc. in Marthasville where they made the experience very enjoyable. Now on to the bike, I really dig it. I am coming from a wr250r and a kdx200, and the power and finesse is amazing in comparison. Only 2 hard rides on it with some gnarly hill climbs and some tighter snow covered single track and its done very well, no major issues yet. Only thing that has came up is you all aren't blowing smoke about the kickstart levers because mine just broke on the last ride and a broken kickstand bolt. We've had colder than normal temps here and I'm giving her some slack since I took her out. Other than that I've just been riding. Here is a video clip from last weekend at a snowy Briggs Training Facility, it's a sony action cam and sticks way out so you get a lot of handlebar when it gets steep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp1D7HFuzIc

sevenfourate 02-12-2014 06:08 PM

First post AND a video ! Great stuff.......... :)

Many congrats on the new weapon, and welcome to the site.

We normally get snow most winters here in the UK and usually i hate it.

Now i ride off-road and was looking forward to it, we dont get a single flake !

bukwheat 02-12-2014 06:15 PM

Welcome to the GG family. Sorry to hear about the broken kick starter. I wonder if the cold temperature made it brittle and more susceptible to breakage. I know several on here have had broken kickstarters. I have a 2011 and have never had a problem that way (watch...now the next time I ride, it'll break!) The more you personalize the bike to your liking, the more you will love it. They are great bikes. Again, welcome, glad to have another smart rider on board.

Jakobi 02-12-2014 06:33 PM

Welcome aboard! The bending of the side stand bolts are well recorded. I plan to take my side stand off. The kick starter would likely be a poor casting, and should be able to be claimed under warranty. If put in the position where it'll cost, get yourself a YZ250 kicker, and call it done! Its a much better kicker all round.

Take the time to go through the bike and iron out all the little bugs.. You will likely find a few more things that will need some attention during the honeymoon period. She might test you at times, but after that its all smooth sailing. If you haven't done it yet, chase up some tuning threads and you'll take the engine to a whole new level of bliss.

iamovru 02-12-2014 06:49 PM

Listen to that Power Valve pur :D Welcome aboard

Clay 02-12-2014 07:56 PM

Welcome! Thx for buying one of our bikes!

desertgasser300 02-12-2014 08:08 PM

Welcome aboard. Yeah the kickers are pretty soft. Get yourself a late model yz250 kicker and you will be good to go. As for the side stand, I yanked mine off and put it in the parts bin. It didn't break but I could hear it flopping around on hard hits.

Thanks for the video and keep it pinned......:-D

Buysomerice 02-12-2014 08:24 PM

Thanks everyone! This Saturday it is warming up so I am going to go through everything and put some proper handguards on. Like I said I've been creeping awhile and have came across the yz solution and ordered one that day. Might still pursue a warranty on the stocker though for a backup. It broke right at the foot part, the arm and connection to the shaft are fine. Going to seal up the airbox, check tank swelling??, subframe, and torque everything down. Any other 2012's issues I might need to check and any tips on stopping the seat chatter (I've read velcro). Forgot to mention the best mod, it has a plate!

celler 02-12-2014 09:14 PM

You're going like the 300 in the Missouri rocks! Get ready to buy a lot of tires:)

Coop 02-13-2014 06:40 AM

Welcome!