Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   SouthEast United States (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Places to live in southern Kentucky if you ride a lot (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20405)

forgiven 10-24-2015 08:33 AM

Places to live in southern Kentucky if you ride a lot

Trying to decide where to retire and so far I am down to Kentucky and Tennessee.

Looking for places that are close ish to a good sized town < 1.5 hours but I want to be closer <15 minutes from lots of riding. Plenty of nice single track the wife and I could ride with some more difficult for me and the friends I make when I get there.

Suggestions?

twowheels 10-24-2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forgiven (Post 158756)
Trying to decide where to retire and so far I am down to Kentucky and Tennessee.

Looking for places that are close ish to a good sized town < 1.5 hours but I want to be closer <15 minutes from lots of riding. Plenty of nice single track the wife and I could ride with some more difficult for me and the friends I make when I get there.

Suggestions?

That's a good position to be in Steve! Enjoy the retirement, and especially the riding.

12Bravo 10-24-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Suggestions?

Tennessee! I live in Eastern TN we have a few places to ride. Look into the Knoxville area. Not to mention it is cheaper to live in TN than KY, which is why I also moved here. Being on a fixed income, cheaper is better (More money for toys and play).

memphis2857 10-24-2015 12:02 PM

Considering pretty much all of bell county KY is dedicated to off-road I would think right on the TN KY border along I-75 would be heaven on earth. Only problem is the SxS guys have taken over down there. But you still have Redbird Crest in Daniel Boone. I would say that is quite possibly 70 miles of the best trail on planet earth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swazi_matt 10-24-2015 01:36 PM

Deep South ... Swaziland, pension in dollars will make you a king

12Bravo 10-24-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memphis2857 (Post 158759)
Considering pretty much all of bell county KY is dedicated to off-road I would think right on the TN KY border along I-75 would be heaven on earth. Only problem is the SxS guys have taken over down there. But you still have Redbird Crest in Daniel Boone. I would say that is quite possibly 70 miles of the best trail on planet earth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree! I like my quad, but at times being worried about a flying SxS scares the crap out of me! They win and my body losses!

12Bravo 10-24-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swazi_matt (Post 158766)
Deep South ... Swaziland, pension in dollars will make you a king

Seriously?

What US per month income would be needed to live well and SAFE there?

forgiven 10-24-2015 04:38 PM

Where is Swaziland?

12Bravo 10-24-2015 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forgiven (Post 158771)
Where is Swaziland?

I had to look it up also. Little country next to South Africa.....lol

Youtube some videos about it, there are some interesting and eye :eek: opening one...:D

gasser 10-24-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Suggestions?

The Caryville/Jacksboro/La Follette area is 30 minutes north of Knoxville, TN on interstate 75. Caryville sits right on I75, Jacksboro is just 2 miles east of Caryville, and La Follette is just 4 miles east of Jacksboro. From Caryville the north side of Windrock (77,000 acres also known as Coal Creek) is only about 20 minutes away, Royal Blue (over 125,000 acres) is less than 15 minutes, Brimstone (maybe 50,000 acres) is probably only 45-50 minutes, and Daniel Boone in Kentucky would be less than 2 hours. - Ken