Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Green No-Toil (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14915)

cbutler 05-10-2013 06:12 PM

Green No-Toil

Is the green No-Toil oil supposed to look like green pepto-bismol I have only used the original red.

STEVEV 05-10-2013 08:10 PM

that's the newer version. I believe it does not contain alcohol and is advised to only be used in low humidity environments or it will take forever to set up. I used No-Toil before. It may work well for mx or trail riding, but at the 2011 national endure in Michigan I sucked dirt right through. That was the last time I used it. Just my 2 cents.

STEVEV 05-10-2013 08:12 PM

that's the newer version and yes it does look like green pepto. I believe it does not contain alcohol and is advised to only be used in low humidity environments or it will take forever to set up. I used No-Toil before. It may work well for mx or trail riding, but at the 2011 national enduro in Michigan I sucked dirt right through. That was the last time I used it. Just my 2 cents.

twowheels 05-11-2013 10:38 PM

I use the standard red NoToil - tried the green but realized it was a PITA and that I'm 'not that green' myself.

I haven't had any issues with it - the biggest hassle seems to be getting stock pre-oiled filters clean enough to do the conversion.

Mattnzl 05-12-2013 01:59 AM

One good thing about the green: it's very easy to see if you've missed a spot on the filter when oiling it.

eff 05-12-2013 04:08 PM

I use the red but the green is designned to not eat the glue holding the filer together. Thay is the only advatage I can see.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GasGas 05-12-2013 04:38 PM

I'm a red Notoil believer. I have had no troubles in the last 5 years of using it. Wash all my filters in the laundry tub and and the wife hasn't complained about stinking filters for 5 years now. Not sold on the green stuff though.

andoman 05-12-2013 04:51 PM

I use the red, too. Twin-Air Filters or No-Toil Filters have held up to the alcohol. I used to oil up filters and keep them in a bag, but I think that contributed to the filters breaking down. Unifilters, I think, came apart at the seams. Now I keep clean dry ones ready to oil up. My last couple of Twin-Air's have lasted a long, long time.

cbutler 05-12-2013 07:14 PM

Thanks for the replies the green turns a transparent green after it tacks up seemed to do good today.

Can you still get the red?

twowheels 05-12-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbutler (Post 111070)
Thanks for the replies the green turns a transparent green after it tacks up seemed to do good today.

Can you still get the red?

Sure can. I'm not green enough for the green but I love me some red NoToil.