Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Suspension (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sachs shock bearing (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25925)

Panagiotis 07-11-2022 07:17 AM

Sachs shock bearing

Hello everybody i own a 2009 ec 250 base model with a sachs rear shock , when i move the swingarm by hand i can feel a bit of play by the top shock mount , so i thought i should change the top shock bearing .
The thing is gas gas does not sell this part neither does any after market company i searched for .
Did any of you have this problem solved ?
Does anybody know the dimensions of the bearing so if i can find one from a bearing company like skf ?

Zman 07-11-2022 08:11 AM

Did you contact RaceTech?

Biff 07-11-2022 10:21 AM

Not Sure if any help, but lower shock bearing on my 2013 = GE12-PW

Panagiotis 07-11-2022 11:14 AM

No i looked everywhere in my country (Greece) i will look them up too .
Thanks for replying .

Panagiotis 07-11-2022 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biff (Post 200243)
Not Sure if any help, but lower shock bearing on my 2013 = GE12-PW

Pivot works has the bottom bearing listed i think so i dont think they are the same .

Panagiotis 10-05-2022 04:36 AM

So replacement bearing arrived and i removed the shock to find that the bearing was ok but the two spacers which the bolt goes through had too much clearance so i need these two spacers replaced .
I removed them using a punch and a small hummer and because of the deformation by the punch the bolt now fits tight , so i packed the bearing with grease and pressed the spacers in and fitted the shock back i had to tap the bolt with a hummer to get it through the shock .
I will see if this last until i find the spacers and replace them .

CrashPT 11-10-2022 09:05 AM

GasGas EC250 2009

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panagiotis (Post 200576)
So replacement bearing arrived and i removed the shock to find that the bearing was ok but the two spacers which the bolt goes through had too much clearance so i need these two spacers replaced .
I removed them using a punch and a small hummer and because of the deformation by the punch the bolt now fits tight , so i packed the bearing with grease and pressed the spacers in and fitted the shock back i had to tap the bolt with a hummer to get it through the shock .
I will see if this last until i find the spacers and replace them .

Hi, my Ec250 2009, has a sachs shock, and i need the upper kit, but i can?t find the correct part, manual doesn't mension it, just the bottom..

Can you tell me how i can find the Upper shock bearing kit?

Panagiotis 11-14-2022 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrashPT (Post 200714)
Hi, my Ec250 2009, has a sachs shock, and i need the upper kit, but i can?t find the correct part, manual doesn't mension it, just the bottom..

Can you tell me how i can find the Upper shock bearing kit?

I found a kit with spacers and bearing from enduropuro , i already bought a bearing from ebay but i think my problem is the spacers .

So i am waiting once again for parts to arrive .
Sorry for the late reply , here is a link to the bearing kit.
https://www.enduropuro.it/shop/en/li...gas-01-13.html

Panagiotis 11-19-2022 11:49 AM

So uniball kit arrived , its WRP part number WY -29-5080 , kit includes bearing , spacers ,orings and circlips .
Just tried the shock bolt through the spacers and there is some gap !!!
Do i have to change the shock bolt too ?
Is it ok to have some gap ? I find it annoying when i lift the rear wheel and set it down to hear the suspension knock .

This is pissing me off now .
Anybody has any ideas ?

swazi_matt 11-21-2022 01:16 PM

it depends on how much gap there is. measure the hole and measure the bolt. I believe it is normally the bushes and bearings that deform and the bolts stay good.
If the bolt is still good then just pack it witha bit of grease and when you tighten it, it could be fine