Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Brief Introduction (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3823)

tomatoe333 12-23-2008 03:45 PM

Brief Introduction

Greetings all. GasGas n00b here. I'm in eastern upstate NY, just outside of Albany.

I bought a 99 EC200 a couple of weeks ago from a local guy. I guess you could say it's all Woodsrider's fault, since he let me ride his old XC300 a while back. The bike needs a little bit of fixing up and some TLC, so it's a winter project for me. I'm sure it'll be ready to ride again in the spring. For now with the snow/ice flying and the temperatures in the frigid range, it's a great time for disassembly!

I've already learned a lot and answered a bunch of questions just by searching on the site. I'm sure I'll have more questions once I really start digging into the bike.

jhendr3702 12-23-2008 05:15 PM

welcome... i am pretty new to gasgas also... great bikes, great info here

i love my 300....

MattR 12-23-2008 05:57 PM

Welcome aboard! We have a great group of folks here. We get along well and are always willing to help out. Happy Holidays!!!

Rick 12-23-2008 05:58 PM

Welcome and good luck with the EC200...good luck with the tear down!

Skidad 12-23-2008 08:15 PM

Welcome to the site, real friendly here.

The little 200's are really coming out of the closet as of late:D Good luck with your winter project;)

Skidad

sierrarider 12-24-2008 10:11 AM

Welcome! I'm a newbie also. I just bought my '05 300 DE two months ago and am doing all of those "must have" modifications to my bike. I can't wait to get the cylinder head and carb back from RB Designs.

Knobbiethrower 01-21-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomatoe333 (Post 24350)
Greetings all. GasGas n00b here. I'm in eastern upstate NY, just outside of Albany.

I bought a 99 EC200 a couple of weeks ago from a local guy. I guess you could say it's all Woodsrider's fault, since he let me ride his old XC300 a while back. The bike needs a little bit of fixing up and some TLC, so it's a winter project for me. I'm sure it'll be ready to ride again in the spring. For now with the snow/ice flying and the temperatures in the frigid range, it's a great time for disassembly!

I've already learned a lot and answered a bunch of questions just by searching on the site. I'm sure I'll have more questions once I really start digging into the bike.

Welcome & Congrads, somewhat of a GG newbie myself. I'm in Ballston Lake, NY. Hope to meet up and ride sometime.

So Woodsrider twisted your arm ,eh.He's good like that, Seriously, He's good people.

SpeedyManiac 01-21-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skidad (Post 24360)
Welcome to the site, real friendly here.

The little 200's are really coming out of the closet as of late:D Good luck with your winter project;)

Skidad

If you ride one, you'll know why. 200s are a blast to ride. Only downfall is they tend to run out of jam on big hill climbs (that's the only reason I switched to a 250).

Welcome to the bright side, tomatoe.