Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   david knight on a gaser (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23179)

rvktm 12-18-2017 05:37 PM

david knight on a gaser

think they need to shift lot's of bikes to pay for all these top riders

(F5) 12-18-2017 06:33 PM

Surely he'll break enough to make a sizeable dent?

[Pause for the company accountant]. . . -Hey! We're paying for those!@?!!

Ghostrider 12-26-2017 08:30 PM

That?s pretty funny! :D If he can?t break one then no one can!👍🏻

Ghost

CDN Rick 01-14-2018 05:11 PM

Knight just placed 2nd at the RevLimiter Extreme Enduro.
Pretty impressive times too!

swazi_matt 01-15-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDN Rick (Post 180898)
Knight just placed 2nd at the RevLimiter Extreme Enduro.
Pretty impressive times too!

Interesting that he was not sporting any redbull colours! I thought that once you were a redbull athlete it was pretty much for life (unless you join a factory team that is sponsored by monster)

SS109 01-15-2018 03:57 PM

He placed 4th overall for the entire weekend. Two 4th's and a 2nd place in the third race. Not bad for his first big outing but he said he lost his clutch in both of the first two races. Hmm. Wonder what that was?

CDN Rick 01-15-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS109 (Post 180931)
He placed 4th overall for the entire weekend. Two 4th's and a 2nd place in the third race. Not bad for his first big outing but he said he lost his clutch in both of the first two races. Hmm. Wonder what that was?

Something about an aftermarket perch that he "preferred" but somehow failed him during the race. Not really sure what that means.

Ya sorry I should have been clearer. He placed 2nd only in the last race. But it was a much tougher race than the first two.

I think the style of scoring is a little weird for the event but thats just my opinion.

SS109 01-15-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDN Rick (Post 180935)
Something about an aftermarket perch that he "preferred" but somehow failed him during the race. Not really sure what that means.

Well, I wish he would be more clear on that as some will just use it to say that GG sucks even though it might be something out of GG's control.

Quote:

?What a fun, tough weekend racing here in Texas at the Rev Limiter,? told Knight on Facebook. ?In race 1&2 I was running a good second behind Cody but had an issue so lost my clutch both races and ended fourth.

?We got it sorted finally for race 3, a shorter track and much more difficult over 45 minutes and ran a close second closing in with a couple of laps left only to lose a few minutes when a rider had a big crash and blocked the track.

?But well happy with the bike and myself as riding well all day and will be good with a bit of luck. Thanks to everyone for who helped me and gave me loads of support, it really was a pleasure to race in Texas again and I?ll defiantly be back soon.?
https://thumpertalk.com/applications...8c2c6ea32c56dd

CDN Rick 01-15-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS109 (Post 180936)
Well, I wish he would be more clear on that as some will just use it to say that GG sucks even though it might be something out of GG's control.

Here is part of a statement from GGmoto's NA

"The only things changed were a stiffer set of suspension and the switch to a different clutch master cylinder for a personal preference in feel, which created some issues in the first 2 events! Mr Knight was a crowd favorite and enjoyed the entire weekend!"

SS109 01-15-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDN Rick (Post 180937)
Here is part of a statement from GGmoto's NA

"The only things changed were a stiffer set of suspension and the switch to a different clutch master cylinder for a personal preference in feel, which created some issues in the first 2 events! Mr Knight was a crowd favorite and enjoyed the entire weekend!"

Thank you! I hope that info gets out there.