Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Product Reviews (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2021 RIEJU MR 300 tested (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25402)

gasgasman 11-13-2020 08:17 AM

2021 RIEJU MR 300 tested

They love it. Translate in Google Chrome. Or, click on the British/ American flag.

https://offroadcracks.com/test-rieju...effectiveness/

SS109 11-13-2020 07:40 PM

Excellent!

Now they need to snag a top Euro and American racer to get some exposure. Racing still sells bikes. Not because of who rides them necessarily but because you see them at the front of the pack and on the podium. Rieju needs this exposure as most don't even know the brand exists in the USA. Most didn't even know GG existed!

Last I heard Stew Baylor was still available in the US and is a top level GNCC racer. I would love to see him on the Rieju. I wish GG had grabbed Josh Toth before he signed with KTM but that ship has sailed. KTM will probably never let him go as he's their replacement for KR.

Doc Brown 11-14-2020 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasgasman (Post 196835)
They love it. Translate in Google Chrome. Or, click on the British/ American flag.

https://offroadcracks.com/test-rieju...effectiveness/

Thank you for the link. Great test results! :)

webmaster 11-14-2020 07:02 PM

And taking a look at facebook page for Rieju USA.. Lots of Rieju parts in the USA too... :)

https://www.facebook.com/RiejuUSA

And note that many rieju parts fit "legacy gasgas" bikes.. :)

jeff

farmerj 11-15-2020 10:14 AM

I saw two of these bikes at my dealer's shop yesterday. They do look good! I didn't think I'd care for the black theme, but they look great "in person". I could see myself owning one!

Of note - the EC comes with the FMF pipe. I do not know if it is the same one that was on the 2018-19 XC, but I hope so. The power is different/better for me. You may recall that the EC model used to have an "in-house" or non-branded pipe.

I am impressed with Rieju. They didn't have time to create a new motor with an integrated starter, but from what I understand they updated the starter gears (different gear angles), sourced a new starter (Mitsubu), and put bearings in the Bendix cover (should be a big improvement, I have one on order).

Things are looking up for the brand!

GasGas 11-15-2020 01:38 PM

Today I rode my 2018 GG 300, 21 beta 250 2t and a very low hour 17 KTM 300 XC with lectron.

The beta was very light and flicky compared to the GG, but the gg was much more stable. The beta motor felt really weak for a 250 in my opinion and he even had a higher compression head installed. Mind you I have been riding 300's since 2014. The forks were sprung for a 210# rider and they blew through the stroke and hit the stoppers like they forgot to put the springs in them. Gone is the feeling of the big hole on the side of the bike where I grip with my knees that the older bikes had. If I was to get a new Beta, it would have to be an RR 300 with KYB. The ZF stuff sucks. My former GG dealer is taking on Beta, but I wish they were taking on Reiju instead....

The KTM was well sprung in the rear and equiped wih air forks up front. It worked really well on the little sand track that was really wooped out. It was also more flicky than the GG, but also not as stable. Power delivery was on point for a 300 and crisp and clean. A well sorted bike that was easy to ride.

My 2018 GG is stock with exeption of springs and jetting. Mitas green stripe tires and a front mousse. I run the bigger front tire too so that may be effecting the flickyness compared to the other bikes, but I'm not complaining as it just goes where you want it to. I think my jetting could be a bit crisper. I'm currently running a Suzuki needle. I really like the GG and would be very happy with a new Reiju me thinks!

mitinsky 11-17-2020 06:42 AM

I have a Rieju MR300. Great bike, I rode it for 20 hours. There is a small problem that I cannot fix - when switching to rain and vice versa, idling rises, as if the throttle is slightly open. If you start in cold weather, then also high revs. I don?t know what it?s connected with ... The stock battery does not feel well in the cold - at +2 celcius, the starter does not turn. If you are interested in something about this motorcycle - ask, I will be glad to answer.

3beejay3 11-17-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GasGas (Post 196860)
Today I rode my 2018 GG 300, 21 beta 250 2t and a very low hour 17 KTM 300 XC with lectron.

The beta was very light and flicky compared to the GG, but the gg was much more stable. The beta motor felt really weak for a 250 in my opinion and he even had a higher compression head installed. Mind you I have been riding 300's since 2014. The forks were sprung for a 210# rider and they blew through the stroke and hit the stoppers like they forgot to put the springs in them. Gone is the feeling of the big hole on the side of the bike where I grip with my knees that the older bikes had. If I was to get a new Beta, it would have to be an RR 300 with KYB. The ZF stuff sucks. My former GG dealer is taking on Beta, but I wish they were taking on Reiju instead....

The KTM was well sprung in the rear and equiped wih air forks up front. It worked really well on the little sand track that was really wooped out. It was also more flicky than the GG, but also not as stable. Power delivery was on point for a 300 and crisp and clean. A well sorted bike that was easy to ride.

My 2018 GG is stock with exeption of springs and jetting. Mitas green stripe tires and a front mousse. I run the bigger front tire too so that may be effecting the flickyness compared to the other bikes, but I'm not complaining as it just goes where you want it to. I think my jetting could be a bit crisper. I'm currently running a Suzuki needle. I really like the GG and would be very happy with a new Reiju me thinks!

I did ride the new Betas last fall and quite liked them. They were very easy to ride. However, I've only had a few brief moments on a newer Gasser, so didn't get a real chance to really get a feel for them.
If I was buying a Beta, I would probably get the regular RR version with Sachs forks, then put the enduro-spec cartridges in. I've rode a Beta with those cartridges & they are by far the best forks I've ever experienced. I've probably rode 100 different bikes in the last 15yrs & nothing comes close to those.
The new Reiju's are still on my list, as they are a very good bike & I'd know what I'm getting.

Doc Brown 11-17-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitinsky (Post 196889)
I have a Rieju MR300. Great bike, I rode it for 20 hours. There is a small problem that I cannot fix - when switching to rain and vice versa, idling rises, as if the throttle is slightly open. If you start in cold weather, then also high revs. I don?t know what it?s connected with ... The stock battery does not feel well in the cold - at +2 celcius, the starter does not turn. If you are interested in something about this motorcycle - ask, I will be glad to answer.

What is your jetting exactly? And at which altitude/temps are you riding?

B737 11-17-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

"There is a small problem that I cannot fix - when switching to rain and vice versa, idling rises, as if the throttle is slightly open."

That?s the objective of the MAP mode, it will change the timing, it is very noticeable during idle.

Quote:

"The stock battery does not feel well in the cold - at +2 celcius, the starter does not turn.

If the electric starter has no juice during first start, it is probably the ground.
You have a single ground cable going from the battery to the e-starter.
Unfortunately, this cable it is connected behind the starter guard and making connection only from the bolt (BTW a no connective bolt).
Change the connector in other to be touching the e-starter directly.
I made another small ground cable from the e-starter to the frame, just to be sure.