Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Pictures & Videos (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   First proper event on my gg ec 300 (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17259)

spooly 04-22-2014 03:30 PM

First proper event on my gg ec 300

4 Attachment(s)
Sunday's h&h ..I luv my gas gas Attachment 4481Attachment 4482Attachment 4483Attachment 4484

liv2day 04-22-2014 04:34 PM

Awesome!

Looks like a cool area, where was the race?

spooly 04-23-2014 05:38 AM

west of Ireland.. it was a nice track had a bit of everything. .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

liv2day 04-23-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spooly (Post 133013)
west of Ireland.. it was a nice track had a bit of everything.

I'm incredibly envious; one of the things I have on my bucket list is a trip to Ireland (and Scotland). Plan to rent an adventure bike and tour the area one of these years. I'm a huge Irish Whisky fan (and Scotch) and dream of getting over there to ride and hit several of the distilleries.

And just to clarify (lol); I assume you mean the west part of Ireland...because west of Ireland is the ocean :p:p

spooly 04-23-2014 11:29 AM

I hope u get to do it.. give me a shout when u do I, ll show u the most scenic routes..id even rent an adventure bike myself and go with u..even tho I don't like riding on the road..what part of the world u from buddy? ?

spooly 04-23-2014 11:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
an older pic from the top of my regular spot fairly high up there and it was extremely foggy that day..Attachment 4490

liv2day 04-23-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spooly (Post 133030)
..what part of the world u from buddy? ?

Funny story - my wife actually had a trip over there planned for my 40th b-day as a surprise. Then an even bigger surprise occurred - she was pregnant with our first little guy :cool: (though not really as surprise as we were trying...lol).

So, my trip to Ireland turned into a dirt bike for my 40th...and now I'm here 3 years later on a GG (after going through a Yami 450 and KTM 300).

I'll definitely take you up on that offer if I'm able to scrub the pennies together and make it over there. I will do it, but it probably won't be for a few years; have a 2 and 4 year old and plan to spend as much time as possible with them while they're growing up :)

I'm in the States; live just outside of Portland, Oregon on the west coast. Fantastic area for riding anything with 2 wheels; whether street or dirt. Here's a shot from one of the places I like to get to when we have good weather.

http://www.pbase.com/liv2day/image/153080419.jpg

spooly 04-23-2014 12:34 PM

woow that is some shot!! and your envious of me... that is some view and I bet the ride up there is even better.. funnier story I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years today.!! so I'll be doing a lot more riding!!! (bikes that is lol) so keep in touch ill be posting plenty pic's of this island I call home..oh and how do u like your gg in comparison to the ktm 300

liv2day 04-23-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spooly (Post 133034)
...so keep in touch ill be posting plenty pic's of this island I call home..oh and how do u like your gg in comparison to the ktm 300

I will definitely do that! Hope the break-up was amicable and it's a good thing :)

I like my GG200 a ton better than my KTM 300; it simply fits me better. Nothing against the Katoom, but it was too tall and I'm not that good of a rider, so the 300 was a bit much for what I ride. My GG feels much more planted and I didn't have to have the suspension re-valved or lowered; which was perfect. It's incredibly nimble on the tight single track we usually hit and I'm able to keep it online much easier.

I like it so much that I convinced my wife to let me sell her 250 4T so we could get another GG 200 2T in the garage; she likes the power and handling too.

Looking forward to additional pictures spooly - always cool to see other parts of the world :cool:

spooly 04-23-2014 04:24 PM

Your wife rides thats sweet!! I went from a kx 125 (first bike) to a 07, 300 im only getting comfortable on it now and I luv it..it really shows its quality on the tight up hill technical climb for me..im doing things on it I didn't know I was capable of..as im only riding about 6 months. .I took a ktm 300 for a test ride as I was thinking of buying it before I rode the gg and I found it a bit of an angry bull.. now maby it was the set up but the gg was on another level for me a beginner..just a lot easier to handle..I luv the power delivery from top to bottom and such a smooth delivery