Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Product Reviews (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   FMF Gnarly Review (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21400)

95jersey 05-13-2016 07:48 AM

FMF Gnarly Review

This has probably been said before, but figured I would say it again. I just installed a FMF Gnarly on my 2014 300 and WOW, what a difference! Power is better everywhere, but especially bottom and mid. I see no loss on the top and if anything more power there as well. The bike comes on the pipe sooner, faster, and harder. The best part is this pipe can be bought for $200.

I run the NEDW needle and always thought the bottom was a little lacking. This pipe solved that problem and then some. I would often lug 3rd gear really low in some section and then I'd have to wait for the bike to build rpm's to get on the pipe, which many times made me shift down to 2nd. I can now pull 3rd super low and when I hit the gas, there is no delay in getting on the power valve.

It really reshaped the power curve and made it much more useful for woods riding. I can stay in 3rd and still get on the pipe sooner and harder. For $200 this is probably the easiest and cheapest way to get the bike running like a true woods ripper.

Brian VT 05-13-2016 09:11 AM

What pipe was on it before?

95jersey 05-13-2016 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian VT (Post 167244)
What pipe was on it before?

Stock OEM

poelinca 05-13-2016 10:01 AM

Was thinking about it, because stock OEM is getting rusty. Do you need to fiddle with the carb after the switch or not ? Is it stainelss or anything alike (i'm riding wet/moist conditions and would like to know if it rusts fast or normal) ?

GGRider01 05-13-2016 11:45 AM

I think it has some Nickel or Chrome coating. Mine is 15+ years old and only has minor oxidation. Most discoloration is from me getting it red hot to remove dents.

95jersey 05-18-2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poelinca (Post 167246)
Was thinking about it, because stock OEM is getting rusty. Do you need to fiddle with the carb after the switch or not ? Is it stainelss or anything alike (i'm riding wet/moist conditions and would like to know if it rusts fast or normal) ?

Agree with above. It's nickel coated won't rust. I already had an aftermarket silencer so I have the bike jetted richer for the open silencer, but I did not have to make any changes from stock. However on cool days it does run just a tad lean. Nothing dangerous or concerning, but in colder weather I may have to move the clip up a position.

muellersq 09-12-2016 01:35 PM

Fresco "the big one" vs gnarly

Has anyone compared the gnarly with "the big one" fresco, which looks waaaaaay better ;)