Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Boots (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7311)

Rick 05-14-2010 02:58 PM

Boots

I'm in the market for some new boots. I am not really hard on boots, just the sole. Since I am a stand up rider, (most of the time) I really destroy the sole, from my pegs chewing them up. I also shred the sole near the ball of my right foot from my brake pedal.....

I have had MSR, Fox and Alpinestars in the past. I am leaning towards a pair TCX?

Lets hear some feed back.....

What da think?

jhendr3702 05-14-2010 03:22 PM

hey rick..

i was destroying the sole of my rh boot by the ball also, until i changed to the yamaha kick lever.. It seems like the oe lever gets very close to the peg when you kick start it. Never noticed it until i was cleaning my gear one day..
wow...that corner of boot was gone...

just a thought.. Yours may be different...

no input on boots... i am looking for new ones too.. I have alpinestars now, have replaced multiple buckles, but have been ok other than that..

I am actually looking for the kind with the molded soles. My riding bud has a pair, and we end up walking alot looking for trails and stuff, he says they feel just like hiking boots.. Probably not too good for racing ..

Brian 05-14-2010 03:28 PM

I have Gaerne SG-10, I've had them for 4 years and they are still holding up great. Very comfortable, doesn't even feel like I am wearing boots. I believe they have discontinued the sg-10's the equivalent is sg-12's I think. I would look for some sg-10's on closeout somewhere. That is what I did when I bought mine bought the previous years models and saved a bunch of money.

eff 05-14-2010 03:40 PM

Another vote for Gearne SG-10's. Been wearing mine for 4 years too. Great boot and comforatble as hell.

eff 05-14-2010 03:42 PM

BTW the SG-10's are still being made.

skid jackson 05-14-2010 04:01 PM

sidi has srs, sole replacement system on their top end boots ... plus the boots are pretty much rebuildable, pricey though

Bong 05-14-2010 05:12 PM

There is a place in Ca that will resole MX boots. Should come up on a google search.

I thought it was around $125 including shipping. They said that they were using a very durable sole and could put that sole on any sown soled boot.

B ong

flybars 05-14-2010 05:37 PM

I also have the Gaerne SG10 and love this boot. It's super tough and very comfortable. And the sole is resoleable too. My soles still look really good after two years. I bought them to replace a pair of Alpenstar Vectors, which were comfortable, but didn't have enough ankle support. The SG's have very good ankle support. As far as walking, the SG 10's pivot at the ankles to give U a comfortable stride. They are a bit heavier than some of the other boots.

dank 05-14-2010 05:46 PM

most shoe repair placed should be able to replace your sole if they are sown on. and its a heck of alot cheaper than buying new boots.

WTEC 05-14-2010 06:55 PM

Sidi's!

+1 for the Sidi Crossfire SRS'. Pretty much the whole boot is rebuildable at home with a screw driver and new soles are around $30. Also, their double pivot system pretty much eliminates the break in period and makes them great for walking in. Oh, and they're water proof.

Wes.