Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gas Gas Sweeps 1st VCHSS of 2011! (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8674)

Clay 01-23-2011 09:46 PM

Gas Gas Sweeps 1st VCHSS of 2011!

This is a race report I got about an hour ago from Stephen Edmonson:

Today I rode the 1st annual Extreme Off Road Event at The Rivers Edge Outdoors in VA. It was a GasGas sweep taking 1-3 overall. I won the overall with Chance Baker in second and Randal Ellison in third. Randal just bought his GasGas last weekend at the Virginia Championship Hare Scramble Series Banquet .

I started off slow because the ground was frozen making it very slick. I got in 1st about half way through the first lap. I just took it easy on the very tough course just trying not to make any mistakes. The smooth power of my 300 definately made the slick hills and rocks easy to manuever. After five laps and two hours, I had lapped up to third place overall. This was definately the most demanding course I have raced on in a long time. Looking forward to Sumter next weekend!

I've been grinning for an hour! :D
Clay

john01 01-24-2011 12:27 AM

That's AWESOME! Our local club sponsors one of their races and I can't wait to see Stephen Edmonson and Daniel Morrison come up the hill to our check point. Wow thats crazy. I'll bet last year it was the pumpkins at the top; what a turn around. Clay you gotta feel almost as good as them! Thanks for the post up.

wence 01-24-2011 03:58 AM

Well done, thats what we need to see.
Good work,
Mark

biggstr6 01-24-2011 07:29 AM

Way to go Team GASGAS !

jeffs2200 01-24-2011 08:26 AM

GasGas represented in Texas

I race a hare scramble series in Texas called TXORR. It is a small series and only in it's second year but it seems to be growing.

January 22-23 we had a race in Middleton Texas. Chuck Ware the western U.S. GGOR rep was there racing 30a and I was there on my GG300 racing 30b. We both got first place in our classes.

I saw quite a few people coming up to Chuck's van asking questions and I had alot of people asking me questions as well. I would not be suprised to see more GasGas bikes on the line at future races.

HuskyDude 01-24-2011 08:44 AM

It's only a matter of time...I'll tell ya GG is look'n Gooooood.

:D

Skidad 01-24-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

I had lapped up to third place overall. This was definately the most demanding course I have raced on in a long time. Looking forward to Sumter next weekend!
Lapped up to third place:eek:....pretty much a beat down in my book;)

Hmmm, I think the secret is OUT of the bag

john01 01-24-2011 06:54 PM

Way to go Jeff, congrats!

Clay 01-24-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffs2200 (Post 55728)
I race a hare scramble series in Texas called TXORR. It is a small series and only in it's second year but it seems to be growing.

January 22-23 we had a race in Middleton Texas. Chuck Ware the western U.S. GGOR rep was there racing 30a and I was there on my GG300 racing 30b. We both got first place in our classes.

I saw quite a few people coming up to Chuck's van asking questions and I had alot of people asking me questions as well. I would not be suprised to see more GasGas bikes on the line at future races.

Jeff,
How much did Chuck pay you to post this? :)
Clay

jeffs2200 01-24-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay (Post 55784)
Jeff,
How much did Chuck pay you to post this? :)
Clay

Just a lousy tshirt that is about 2 sizes too small and some stickers.

But he made a lot of promises.:D