Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Which brake pads? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1202)

ejas 06-25-2007 09:01 AM

Which brake pads?

Which front brake pads do people recommend for my EC250 06? I could do with a little more stopping power than the std. ones but also i would like a reasonable wear rate.

svt2224 06-25-2007 03:34 PM

My previous pads were braking 722 cm44's and they were great! I replaced my rotor and pads over the winter and went with a galfer pad that was suggested to me and I will soon be changing back. The braking pad provides much better feel and requires much less input to work.

Loosenut 06-25-2007 06:59 PM

I'm a fan of DP pads and stock Honda pads.

SpeedyManiac 06-25-2007 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loosenut (Post 6703)
I'm a fan of DP pads and stock Honda pads.

+1. Do not use EBC brake pads. They suck. DP or stock Honda pads are awesome.

TooBadBrad 06-28-2007 09:03 AM

I like the red EBC pads and the Brakings. Good feel, quiet and reasonably long lasting. Don't like any other EBC's or anyones sintered pads.

cladoo 06-28-2007 05:00 PM

What is wrong with sintered pads? I had great success with EBC pads on my KTM.

Bandit9 06-28-2007 05:34 PM

The EBC Red pads are sintered. Right?

The EBC Red pads are pretty good, but I give the knod to Braking's CM44 as being the best pads I have tried. It may be all in my head, but the Braking pads have better feel and they wear at a rate that is even with the other premium pads available.

cladoo 06-28-2007 05:59 PM

The Red EBC are carbon graphite. The EBC MXS are sintered.

REVERUP 06-29-2007 08:42 AM

I have tried many brands and all types of materials in adverse conditions over the years. The best combos for me have been, Sintered and sold rotors when wet. Carbon graphite when dry. If you run carbon graphite when its wet they probably won't last through a complete Enduro, and if you run the sintered when its warm and dry your brakes seem to heat up faster and fade and squeal more.

This last season I have been using pretty much EBC exclusively. the previous season I used galfer mostly when dry and DP or Moose when wet. The Moose pads are made by DP but are slightly different, they have a thicker backing for better heat dissipation.

IMHO the most important aspect is the material of the pad for the conditions not so much the brand as long as they are one of the quality brands you have heard of..... EBC, DP, Moose, Galfer, Braking, all are great brands and sell quality products.

bobr 07-01-2007 07:26 AM

The toughest brakes pads I've sold are the Moose XCR's. They're sintered metal and have a thick gray, zirconium-based, ceramic compound applied to the backing plate to protect the brake fluid from heat. They're extremely tough in wet conditions

I always lean towards these as the margin for the dealer is good and allows enough room for a decent discount for the customer. Kind of a "win-win" situation.