Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   CPD Shipping Issues (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26355)

cladoo 03-05-2024 06:20 PM

CPD Shipping Issues

I ordered some parts for CPD on Jan 29. Just the new bendix cover and a couple gaskets. About $50 USD. Now I live in Alberta,Canada and CPD wanted $99USD about $135CDN to ship it to my address! I have a Montana PO box through a company called DYK post that will pick up my parcel in Montana and bring it to Calgary. They charge about $30 CDN to do this. So CPD the charge to ship to my Montana address was $19.91USD about $27CDN. So my total shipping costs should have been about $57CDN! However CPD sent my parts in 2 packages instead of one! So now my charges with DYK Post was double! I don't understand why they had to ship in 2 packages! The website said that the parts were on hand when I ordered them. It would have been nice to get a heads up that they were planning to do this. I did send them an email about this, but I have not got any response from them. Pretty poor service I'd say!

Wbdisco 03-05-2024 07:18 PM

I ordered some stuff before Christmas, half the order was shipped, they other still hasn?t showed up. All items were in stock as well. I called and they said they got a new computer system and they were still sorting it out. That was first week of January. I have given up on the part ($10). Ordered from Halls Cycle and had it 3 days later. You are not the only person I have talked to that has had these same problems with parts and shipping.

SS109 03-05-2024 08:43 PM

Just to play devil's advocate here, I've ordered from CPD on three separate occasions so far and haven't had one issue as of yet.

Personally, I think the customer should always be contacted about whether to hold a shipment until all parts arrive or split it. However, CPD doesn't know that you are using a service to bring your packages to Canada, as that's on your end and not theirs, and only charged you one shipping charge to cover packages to the address you provided them. Sadly, I don't see them doing anything for you as there is literally no way they could have known. For future orders I would instruct them to contact you before any partial shipments or tell them to hold shipment until all parts can be shipped in one package.

(F5) 03-06-2024 12:46 AM

Try living on an island at the far end of the pacific. Shipping calculators can go completely rogue. 10 yrs back us post would do a small box at 12usd but climb from there. All doable. Now it is different.

Still, 10 years further back and it was hard to find a US supplier to ship internationally. I think they were genuinely surprised that people lived in other countries 🤔 Don't you fall off the edge of the world?

Neil E. 03-06-2024 11:40 AM

I use Cross Border Pickups to get stuff from the US. They have a link feature that allows me to link multiple parcels from a single supplier so they are handled together. Works well when I do everything correctly.

Skullanova 04-11-2024 04:31 AM

Hahahaha! This reminds me that I haven?t received the sprocket I ordered from them about a year and a half ago. Not totally happy with them myself but I guess I better find out what happened to it. Thanks for the reminder!

Wbdisco 04-11-2024 08:40 AM

lol, check on mine while your at it

btcca4 04-11-2024 03:36 PM

I'm finding the same thing with Euro suppliers.. Will not ship to the US.

On the other hand, I have purchased a few items from suppliers in France lately (trials bike parts & r/c car parts) & all of them went above & beyond the call of duty to ship the parts state side.

Neil E. 04-12-2024 11:25 AM

I had no problem ordering some parts from Italy. Cost of the parts was OK, but the DHL shipping was spendy. At least it was fast.

SS109 04-12-2024 11:28 AM

I ordered from Motocrosscenter last year in Spain without issue and same on previous orders from them.