Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why do all the 13 14 models say xc (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18746)

ridegas 12-15-2014 10:28 AM

Why do all the 13 14 models say xc

I want a new GG 300EC all the one's advertised as ec's all say xc on the bike?

Todd5774 12-15-2014 11:26 AM

I thinks it's just a name EC- enduro cross, XC- cross country.

Here in the UK that used to mean that the ec came with everything that made it road legal whereas the xc didn't have the indicators. But I'm pretty sure that they all come without the indicators now?

Just my thoughts im sure il be corrected by someone who actually knows the answer. :D:p

phoenix 12-15-2014 11:56 AM

I thought the XC was the US version without some of the street stuff like the TrailTech speedo and such.

Buysomerice 12-15-2014 12:15 PM

Yeah I was told the difference was US/Overseas naming. Mine is titled a xc but plastered with Ec all over. Has no signals or comp, but a harness. Also came with xc stickers.

ridegas 12-15-2014 01:44 PM

re why?

I know when I bought my first GG in 2001 300xc it was a lite flywheel harder hitting motor and my 2002 300ec was the perfect power delivery for what I wanted so back then anyway they were different in that respect.

jostby 12-15-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridegas (Post 145138)
I know when I bought my first GG in 2001 300xc it was a lite flywheel harder hitting motor and my 2002 300ec was the perfect power delivery for what I wanted so back then anyway they were different in that respect.

Ridegas is correct.
Back in that era there were actually 2 models available in the US, the EC and the XC but they all said "EC" on the decals (there were no XC decals), but the MSO and/or title would call it like it was, differances being USD vs. conventional forks (older stuff), lighter flywheels, crank stuffers and carb spacers removed, etc. There where also SE and DE models available after the XC was discontinued, they were similar to the XC but I think most had Ohlins forks. I currently own 1 XC and 1 EC. And you never knew if the EC model you were getting was going to have blinkers on it or not (the EC was supposed to be the off-road street legal model of sorts) Getting confused yet? :D
I think that now all the bikes currently imported to the US are XC models but I could be wrong.

ridegas 12-16-2014 09:49 AM

re xc ec

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostby (Post 145154)
Ridegas is correct.
Back in that era there were actually 2 models available in the US, the EC and the XC but they all said "EC" on the decals (there were no XC decals), but the MSO and/or title would call it like it was, differances being USD vs. conventional forks (older stuff), lighter flywheels, crank stuffers and carb spacers removed, etc. There where also SE and DE models available after the XC was discontinued, they were similar to the XC but I think most had Ohlins forks. I currently own 1 XC and 1 EC. And you never knew if the EC model you were getting was going to have blinkers on it or not (the EC was supposed to be the off-road street legal model of sorts) Getting confused yet? :D
I think that now all the bikes currently imported to the US are XC models but I could be wrong.

I think your right, after a little more research not sure when it started but I think at least the last few model years are all xc's in the US (off road use only) in Spain they are ec'c and can be street legal there. That's maybe why some of the pictures we see showing EC graphics are pictures from European models.

scratch250 12-16-2014 10:25 AM

Mine is a 2012 ec250r in the USA.

ridegas 12-16-2014 10:39 AM

2012 ec

Quote:

Originally Posted by scratch250 (Post 145180)
Mine is a 2012 ec250r in the USA.

Wonder if starting in 13 US models were all xc's ? Anyone with a 13or 14 US model have one designating it as an EC?

barossi73 12-19-2014 10:02 PM

mine has xc on the composite subframe(13 200),and the headlight plate stickers.engine serial no begins ec xxxxxxx.was sold new to me as an ec(nz).I just assumed they used the same sticker and plastics kit but suspension,and maybe engine/gearbox spec differed.thought the xc was the moto version?as far as I know only the ec is available here,and for the record have had no issues with the composite subframe that some report.