Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ok so I got a new website, what do you.... (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4950)

Steve@Motowest 07-11-2009 02:28 PM

Ok so I got a new website, what do you....

What do you guys want to see available there? What parts do you need on regular basis? Or what parts do you always have trouble finding? Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Steve

gasgasman 07-11-2009 04:40 PM

MotoWest pipes for the '07 on up bikes.
The FMF pipes are sub-standard in fit and performance.

PEB 07-11-2009 04:40 PM

Bring back the Motowest pipe, I have heard it was a great pipe.

Cruiser 07-12-2009 08:45 AM

Still wouldnt mind a new motowest pipe like the prototype pipe I have on my 97.. but when I do get a new 2stroker I'd like a new pipe..

webmaster 07-12-2009 02:59 PM

I tested four pipes back to back same day, same terrain.

1. doma
2. messico
3. motowest
4 fmf

Fit and finish on the messico and doma were equal - both fit well. Fit of FMF was poor and motowest was extremely poor and was returned for refund.

Both fmf and motowest had mid-hit that made for difficult control on tighter sections. Felt fast, but weren't due to lack of smooth power delivery. These were most least favorite pipes to run...

My suggestion would be for Steve to build a pipe based on the doma - lean just slightly more to bottom-mid power (not much) and really heavy duty to survive in Glenn's neck of the woods... In my opinion, this would be "the ticket".

jeff

Steve@Motowest 07-12-2009 04:55 PM

Interesting. What year bike did you try it on?

widebear 07-12-2009 09:20 PM

Steve. I.M.O. your Motowest pipe is the best , strongest and best fitting pipe I have had the experiance of using. Its been on one 300 and three 250's and to reiterate what Ive posted in the past I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Cruiser 07-13-2009 04:05 AM

I've ran 3 out of those 4 with different results.. but if more low end and thicker pipe to survive the rocks,, I'd like that..

GMP 07-13-2009 06:57 AM

Quote:

My suggestion would be for Steve to build a pipe based on the doma - lean just slightly more to bottom-mid power (not much) and really heavy duty to survive in Glenn's neck of the woods... In my opinion, this would be "the ticket".
Jeff describes how the the OEM GG pipe works on my '07. I like it so much I have a spare. I did my first real gnarly ride yesterday after a 14 month layoff. Its going to take me awhile to get comfortable and back to speed, but the bike carried me through the crap using more of the low end than usual. You won't do bad building a copy of that pipe, for a better price.

rpduc 07-13-2009 07:37 AM

Hey Steve,
I'll second the heavy duty pipe suggestion.

Also FYI I noticed that the link in your member profile here takes me to your "old" site. I had to go find your other thread to get to your "new" site.