Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   clutch questions (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16290)

onekawboy 12-08-2013 10:05 AM

clutch questions

Couple questions -

Not familiar with the Hydraulic clutch systems ? what PM work if any is needed? rebuild kits?

Is there any Jap bike clutches that can be used in the 250 2T bikes? vs going through GG to get ? seems always mo $$ if it has GG name on it?

cbutler 12-08-2013 05:19 PM

If you have a AJP I think you are stuck with GasGsa some here have switched to the Magura.

I dont know what PM work is but all I do is bleed it every so often. I have two GasGas bikes one I have had four years and the other two years and have had no trouble with ether one.

The rebuild kit is less then $20 how cheep do you want it?

Some GasGas parts are pricey but so are all the others just depends on what you have to buy and I have spent a lot more money keeping the POS Honda 450X going than I have with both my GasGas.

onekawboy 12-08-2013 06:40 PM

thanks for that .. PM = preventive maintenance

didn't know what kind of parts were available and replaceable

never owned a gasgas and since it seems i'll be hanging on to it a bit longer curious on few things.

Half temped to replace clutch in it too - wasn't sure about cost it was a used as a Hare scramble bike and guessing it was abused a bit.

I wanted to sell and find a KX250 and build woods bike -- but may hang onto this one and if I run across a good deal on a KX pick it up too will see.

cbutler 12-08-2013 07:17 PM

I'd ride it a bit before you decide to sell. Mine have been as durable as my old XR's and handle great. There are many crossover parts depending on the year model.

djroggen 12-08-2013 09:59 PM

clutch questions

Clutch oem parts are not cheap but they are bulletproof. Once every 5 years maybe. Don't cheap out on cheap jap bike fibers.

Zman 12-09-2013 06:40 AM

The GG clutches last a long time. Right now we have 5 of them in our riding group and we have not needed to replace one yet. We have the original clutch in my big bore 2000 XC300 and a 1998 EC250.

nambo-trev 12-09-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djroggen (Post 123938)
Clutch oem parts are not cheap but they are bulletproof. Once every 5 years maybe. Don't cheap out on cheap jap bike fibers.

+1 on the fibres, there is a huge difference in the oem fibres to Barnett or any other aftermarket clutch packs. I hate paying the premium but the others are junk in comparison

bkwdc 12-09-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nambo-trev (Post 123968)
+1 on the fibres, there is a huge difference in the oem fibres to Barnett or any other aftermarket clutch packs. I hate paying the premium but the others are junk in comparison

what about EE fibers? My dealer says they are just as good as OEM.

nambo-trev 12-09-2013 04:20 PM

I've never tried EE but I've tried three aftermarket brands now and none came close to oem. Weird I'd really like to know why they are so much better though

bkwdc 12-09-2013 05:20 PM

Rekluse says need pressure plate to convert to manual. 10 points for Trev.