Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2015 ec300e (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23727)

Desert Silver 08-01-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocams (Post 184471)
Same piston mate.

Thank you!

Desert Silver 08-03-2018 02:12 PM

Found out he wasn't just talking about the top end power but being down on power which figures as the piston is worn out. Been trying to get the inner clutch cover off but so far no joy. I've gone over the case looking for any bolts left in but haven't found any. Removed the impeller but not the seal yet. I've been tapping on the cover with a rubber mallet and the part of the case by the kick starter will come away from the center cases but not the front near the water pump. Is the water pump seal holding the case from coming off? On the KTM's I've worked on the whole water pump comes off with the case.

john r b 08-03-2018 02:15 PM

There are metal alignment dowls on opposite sides of the cover My bet they have rusted, causing the issue.

Desert Silver 08-03-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memphis2857 (Post 184462)
Yep, jetting. I?ve heard that Geoff loves jetting his bikes super lean. I imagine you will find a tiny main jet in there. Get yourself a N3CH needle, a 42 pilot, and a 178-180 main. Report back and thank me later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son did say it was jetted very lean.

Desert Silver 08-03-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john r b (Post 184725)
There are metal alignment dowls on opposite sides of the cover My bet they have rusted, causing the issue.

That was my guess but didn't know if I had missed something. Thanks

Gasser Nate 08-04-2018 06:27 AM

That bastard dowel is always rusted as shite, the threaded hole is open at the back so it rusts from the out side in. Get a new on when you get the cover off and smother it in anti seize. Then seal the hole with silicone when assembled. You?ll thank me next time it comes off.

john r b 08-04-2018 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasser nate (Post 184756)
that bastard dowel is always rusted as shite, the threaded hole is open at the back so it rusts from the out side in. Get a new on when you get the cover off and smother it in anti seize. Then seal the hole with silicone when assembled. You?ll thank me next time it comes off.

very true

Desert Silver 08-05-2018 01:50 PM

Any suggestions on how to get it off? I've been thinking heat as the Alu will expand much quicker and farther than the steel. The cover near the back came away from the center cases so was able to put some feeler gauges between the mating surfaces as far forward as I could then tighten the case screws near the back and the case popped out a little ways in the front but is still held in place. Might try that again but nervous about breaking the case. I've had flywheels be real stubborn coming off and when I finally got it off made a sound so loud it sounded like gun shot going off with me only 2 feet away from the engine. Ouch!!

Just tried to find the picture I took of the setup I used but no joy.

Desert Silver 08-06-2018 01:23 PM

Got the cover off using a little heat and a 1 mm feeler gauge to lightly persaud the cover off. Metal gasket???

Desert Silver 08-13-2018 01:43 PM

Latest and greatest problem. The damn bolts holding the exhaust manifold won't loosen even with an impact driver! The manifold is hitting the frame and blocking the cylinder from being removed. That bike is bound and determined to make me remove the engine. Hoping heat will loosen the bolts up. Anybody have a metal inner case gasket on their engine?