Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Does your clutch drag? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2769)

stay_upright 05-24-2008 10:04 AM

Does your clutch drag?

Just wondering of the GG's out there if most have a dragging clutch?

I.e. with the engine idling engaging gear will make it stall or slow the engine speed noticeably - or in gear with the clutch pulled and pushing the bike there is noticeable drag from the back wheel/chain

If you have none of these symptons which gear box oil do you use and are you still on the original clutch?

fury1 05-24-2008 04:07 PM

I dont have a problem,06 ec300 stock clutch,shell rotella 15w40 oil,starts easily in gear as well

2 strokes 4 life 05-25-2008 08:26 AM

I dont have any issues on my 2002 GG EC250 with stock clutch plates and springs. I run Amsoil 0W-40 4 stroke oil. I ride in +30 deg C to +5 deg C.

iancp5 05-25-2008 08:41 AM

Mine doesn't drag on either Putoline Light Gear Oil or Halfords Dexron III ATF. I also succesfully used a Motorex light gear oil, can't remember the name though.

Eric K 05-25-2008 09:32 AM

First off, bleed your clutch slave cylinder.

If that doesn't fix it, then try AmsOil Formula 4 stroke 0W-40 oil.

That cured my '01 XC300 clutch drag.

The '06 EC300 clutch seems to be more tolerant of different oils.

mountain thumper 05-25-2008 06:20 PM

mine drags the same way. adjusted the lever all the way. but it still slows in gear with lever in, and moving (off) with level pulled.
how do you bleed it? is it a reverse bleed?
ps sorry if some of my posts have misspells, i switched back to dvorak keyboard

KiwiGasHead 05-26-2008 02:41 AM

I am in same boat....riding in woods yesterday (07 EC125) thought it was just the mud clogging making hard to manhandle (with clutch in and in gear)in uphill snotty ruts after an off...cleaned bike and started it at home and bike jumped when pressing down for 1st, realised it was clutch dragging. Will still start with clutch in and can be pushed but sure have clutch/resistance issues here, bike has done approx 30 hrs from new - do i need a trip to bike shop and will i screw it up riding again this weekend ?

Eric K 05-26-2008 08:32 AM

Try bleeding the clutch by opening the bleed screw on the slave cylinder and pulling the clutch lever in and holding it in. Close the bleed screw. Release the clutch lever. Repeat until you don't see any air bubbles.

The air seems to accumulate at the top of the slave cylinder.

Kevin_D 05-27-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwiGasHead (Post 17399)
I am in same boat....riding in woods yesterday (07 EC125) thought it was just the mud clogging making hard to manhandle (with clutch in and in gear)in uphill snotty ruts after an off...cleaned bike and started it at home and bike jumped when pressing down for 1st, realised it was clutch dragging. Will still start with clutch in and can be pushed but sure have clutch/resistance issues here, bike has done approx 30 hrs from new - do i need a trip to bike shop and will i screw it up riding again this weekend ?

Try changing the oil in the gearbox. Synthetic 5W40 motor oil works best in my bike. I ride between 5 to 30 celcius.

KiwiGasHead 05-28-2008 03:00 AM

Cheers guys - will be trying these remedies over the weekend - first xc race (for me and the bike :eek: ) on june 8 so want it in tip top shape.