Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Western United States (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Prescott & Sedona Arizona (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16950)

celler 03-14-2014 09:18 PM

Prescott & Sedona Arizona

Likely I will end up relocating to north central Arizona. I've ridden the mile markers and south of Prescott 1 time. Is there good riding within 90 minutes of these areas? Sort of asking the question - if you move to Arizona to ride where would you live? Obviously can't ride in Sedona but are there places relatively close? Both Prescott and Sedona have good mountain biking so I can stay in shape to dirt bike:)

Nick 03-14-2014 09:20 PM

I spent 11 months in Prescott. There is riding close by. Also Wickenburg is near as well as Flag.

desertgasser300 03-14-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 130247)
I spent 11 months in Prescott. There is riding close by. Also Wickenburg is near as well as Flag.

Where are you now?

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

lgr 03-15-2014 07:40 AM

There's riding in the Verde valley as well.

desertgasser300 03-15-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgr (Post 130272)
There's riding in the Verde valley as well.

Verde is not that great, mostly dual tracks. Wickenberg is a better option then Flagstaff and Verde. But what is really good is Sheridan mtn. North of Prescott. PITA road to drive down, but great single tracks there.
Where exactly are you moving to?
Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

celler 03-15-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertgasser300 (Post 130280)
Verde is not that great, mostly dual tracks. Wickenberg is a better option then Flagstaff and Verde. But what is really good is Sheridan mtn. North of Prescott. PITA road to drive down, but great single tracks there.
Where exactly are you moving to?

Have not yet decided exactly where we will live. I would say the short list is Sedona or Prescott. Sedona is obviously expensive and small lots. Prescott seems to have good options if I want some acreage and a decent size house. The road to Sheridan require 4 wheel drive?

Thanks for the information

lgr 03-15-2014 04:07 PM

Hopefully you'll give me directions to this Sheridan mtn area desertgasser. should be in cave creek with the family in a few weeks. part of the time in prescott with some friends that ride.

lgr 03-15-2014 04:09 PM

Oh, is it out by Camp wood someplace? If so I may have walked some of those trails elk hunting a few years ago.

desertgasser300 03-15-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgr (Post 130294)
Oh, is it out by Camp wood someplace? If so I may have walked some of those trails elk hunting a few years ago.

Yep, same place. If you are in town ATR is holding an enduro there April 13th. Best race of the year, I never miss it!

Jacob 'Berg 03-31-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celler (Post 130246)
Likely I will end up relocating to north central Arizona. I've ridden the mile markers and south of Prescott 1 time. Is there good riding within 90 minutes of these areas? Sort of asking the question - if you move to Arizona to ride where would you live? Obviously can't ride in Sedona but are there places relatively close? Both Prescott and Sedona have good mountain biking so I can stay in shape to dirt bike:)

There is great single track in the Bradshaw mountains near Prescott, as well as some good single track very close to Prescott proper. Join Arizona Trail Talk and post on the forums there. You will find a ride.. Or, you can PM me and we will set something up.