Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   LT racing jet kit report... (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1414)

jimbolaya 08-23-2007 01:50 PM

LT racing jet kit report...

Hey all,
Just got my jet kit in from gofasters and I can say "BULLY!". Things have cleaned up nicely from1/8 to wide open. I still have some sputter from
closed to 1/8 so I reduced the pilot to 45 from 48 (airscrew at 3 turns out).
It's better, but I want perfection so in will go a 42 asap. Then I should be able to run the A/S at about 1 1/2 out. all the sputter is gone from the previously sputtered up throttle positions. Yah Whoooo!!! I also swithched to the sunny setting and WOW does this 300 go. I love my gasgas mucho better now!:D

eff 08-23-2007 02:01 PM

Jim,

I usually drop the needle one spot (clip up one) to remove that sputter. What position is the clip in?

jimbolaya 08-23-2007 07:11 PM

Hey Eff,
the clip is in the middle position as requested by instructions. I didn't think dropping the needle would clean up the off idle richness that's one reason it isn't already done. thanks for the tip. I'll try that first.
I heard from my local gasgas dealer not to run below a 45 pilot, but if I can't get the airscrew below 2 1/2 turns out I've lost the adjustability of the airscrew to lean out that circuit. I will report back how that adjustment goes.
thanks!

GMP 08-23-2007 08:34 PM

Try an #8 slide if it won't clean up with a smaller pilot.

eff 08-24-2007 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbolaya (Post 7972)
Hey Eff,
the clip is in the middle position as requested by instructions. I didn't think dropping the needle would clean up the off idle richness that's one reason it isn't already done. thanks for the tip. I'll try that first.
I heard from my local gasgas dealer not to run below a 45 pilot, but if I can't get the airscrew below 2 1/2 turns out I've lost the adjustability of the airscrew to lean out that circuit. I will report back how that adjustment goes.
thanks!

The instructions are based on 60ºF I believe. Refer the the std jetting chart in the manual to change from there.

I was running the 48 pilot, air screw 3 turns and the clip in the middle. I took my bike for a spin after I put on the LTR 126MM links (a couple of weeks ago). It sputtered, and was clearly running rich. I popped open the carb and raised the clip one and turned the air screw to 2.5 turns and things ran smooth.:)

jimbolaya 08-24-2007 09:18 AM

took it out after dropping the needle 1 position. temp around 80. with the a/s 3 turns out it was very close, but I'd still liketo drop the p/j to a 42 and run the a/s about 1 1/2 out which give me latiude for adj either way. I must say over all this jetting set up is very good. thanks Les Tinius!
jetting when I'm finished should be as follows:

mj=178
pj=42
jneedle=2nd position from top
a/s= ~1 1/2
#7 slide
:) :p :D

jeffd 08-24-2007 10:30 AM

This carb is fine up to 3 turns out on the air screw. Les told me that this carb is designed to have the airscrew in that range. I believe he was told this by sudco (keihin importer for u.s.).

jeff

jimbolaya 08-28-2007 05:40 AM

With the 42 pilot and airscrew at 2 1/2 turns temps at 84 deg. the carburetion is more clean, but just after cracking the throttle open it doesn't sputter it's more like a raspy hesitation (It may be just part of the characteristics of the engine). I put boyesen dual petal power reeds on my 200 and that same situation cleared up. Maybe since I have the v force3 reeds it is causing the same lack of super smooth acceleration at barely open throttle position (I don't know)
I do know that everywhere else is awesome. smooth powerful acceleration!!

GMP 08-28-2007 07:36 AM

The reeds shouldn't do that, mine runs smooth and clean off idle. Try the #8 slide, borrow one if you can. Start back up to 45-48 on the pilot and middle needle position. The 250s seem much eaiser to dial in with a #7 than a #6. The 300 being a bigger pump may be eaiser with the #8. If the slide is rich the rest is a PIA.

jimbolaya 08-28-2007 08:40 AM

Much thanks I'll give that a try!