Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   First post / Baby Gasser (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24736)

RookieM 09-24-2019 01:50 AM

First post / Baby Gasser

Hello!

Found this forum yesterday, what a gold mine for info!
One sought after treasure was the Workshop Manual for EC 250 2018.

Quick intro:
35 y/o, living in Sweden. Started riding offroad late 2017 on a beat up KTM 520 EXC, heavy and loads of power. Almost every training session ended with 2x the amount of training time in the garage reparing.

Got tired of this and started looking at GasGas since they where very reasonable prcied compared to KTM. Flipped a coin and bought a EC 250 2018 with 18 hours for approx 4800 EUR.

Extremely satisfied after 20 hours of riding, going to keep this jewel till the end.

Anders 09-24-2019 06:25 AM

Congraulations on your new Gasgas, and welcome to the list!
Nice to se some more people from Scandinavia. Are you going to ride Gotland Grand National in a month's time?

Anders (Norway)

hadfield4wd 09-24-2019 06:36 AM

Welcome. My heart is currently in your area as my daughter lives in Estonia, while not truly Scandinavia, its close enough for me. We'll be visiting next June.

RookieM 09-24-2019 03:03 PM

---

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders (Post 192134)
Congraulations on your new Gasgas, and welcome to the list!
Nice to se some more people from Scandinavia. Are you going to ride Gotland Grand National in a month's time?

Anders (Norway)

Thanks Anders!
My plan is to only train during 2019, starting to compete i Sweden Enduro Series during 2020.

GGN is of course on my to-do list but want to be a more confident rider when entering a race in those conditions..:D Maybe in 2020, most probably in 2021.
How many GGN:s have you raced?

RookieM 09-24-2019 03:10 PM

Cool!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hadfield4wd (Post 192135)
Welcome. My heart is currently in your area as my daughter lives in Estonia, while not truly Scandinavia, its close enough for me. We'll be visiting next June.

Thanks Matt!
Haha, that?s one funny way of greeting a Swede, I like it!
While living 972 kilometers from Estonia, I have two daughters and got an idea of what it?s like to be so far away from your kids.

Have a good trip! :)

Anders 10-02-2019 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RookieM (Post 192138)
Thanks Anders!
My plan is to only train during 2019, starting to compete i Sweden Enduro Series during 2020.

GGN is of course on my to-do list but want to be a more confident rider when entering a race in those conditions..:D Maybe in 2020, most probably in 2021.
How many GGN:s have you raced?

Sorry, I did forget this one.
I have done 7 GGNs if memory serves me correctly. All of them in the above 50 class. This year will be the last in that class, as I am turning 60 next year.
I started out doing three laps the first time, but last year's race had perfect wheather and track conditions (above 50 raced on Friday), I finally reached the goal of completing 5 laps. Saturday was another story (horrible conditions), but then I was just helping my buddies.

hadfield4wd 10-02-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RookieM (Post 192139)
Thanks Matt!
Haha, that?s one funny way of greeting a Swede, I like it!
While living 972 kilometers from Estonia, I have two daughters and got an idea of what it?s like to be so far away from your kids.

Have a good trip! :)

Well it's all in the same general area.:D