Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Vibration (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24859)

Nicktamps 12-11-2019 04:06 AM

Vibration

Hi all. Bought a 2015 ec250 bout a month ago. It vibrates a lot. My mate got a 300 same year and it doesn't
vibrate half as much. Changedd the o rings in the exhaust and the springs. Done bolt check. Changed rear wheel bearings. Anything I can check?

Cheers
Nick

Pygmygod 12-11-2019 07:35 AM

2-stroke engine without a counter-balancer will vibrate.

Check if you both have the same handlebars, maybe he has aftermarket ones with some kind of anti-vibe collar/adaptor?
Or maybe he has thick spongy bar grips and yours are worn thin?

I'm new to 2-strokes, but perhaps you rev yours more and he lugs his around? Maybe this is adding less noticeable vibrations due to less rpm?

Nicktamps 12-11-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pygmygod (Post 193024)
2-stroke engine without a counter-balancer will vibrate.

Check if you both have the same handlebars, maybe he has aftermarket ones with some kind of anti-vibe collar/adaptor?
Or maybe he has thick spongy bar grips and yours are worn thin?

I'm new to 2-strokes, but perhaps you rev yours more and he lugs his around? Maybe this is adding less noticeable vibrations due to less rpm?

Na mate I've ridden his and his has a lot less vibration. My grips are brand new. It just seems like there's something wrong with mine causing it

Stoby 12-11-2019 11:39 AM

vibration

Double check all your engine mount locations . Esp rear swingarm

Zman 12-11-2019 08:43 PM

Your crankshaft may be slightly out of alignment.

Doc Brown 12-12-2019 07:41 AM

I have seen a GG where one of the head stays was loose. It was horrible...

Did you check them? Also take off your bash plate if its made from aluminum and try again...

Gasser Nate 12-13-2019 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zman (Post 193041)
Your crankshaft may be slightly out of alignment.

I would bet it would be this too. I put together a motor for a mate and carefully trued the crank after the crank stuffer bolts fell out and it was the smoothest 300 gasser I?ve ridden. I think the factory specs are a little on the wide side. I aim for less than a thou run out.

RBrider 12-13-2019 04:29 AM

If all else fails, remove the stator cover & check the crank for any up and down play. Any up & down movement at all means you've (probably) got a crank bearing getting ready to fail.

I'm in the recheck all motor mount bolts camp. Especially the swingarm bolt which might be frozen and only appear to be properly torqued and the headstay for cracks ,breaks or looseness.

RB

Nicktamps 12-13-2019 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Brown (Post 193053)
I have seen a GG where one of the head stays was loose. It was horrible...

Did you check them? Also take off your bash plate if its made from aluminum and try again...

this is the only one i havent checked. bikes currently on its side awaiting a new clutch cover from enduropuro (has anyone had any dealings with them? i cant seem to get a reply by email or facebook. starting to get a bit concerned) once its done ill get the tank off and check. also ive bought new rubber silent blocks for the radiators as its missing some. the radiator is directly bolted to the frame. think that might be causing a bit of vibration

Nicktamps 12-13-2019 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBrider (Post 193067)
If all else fails, remove the stator cover & check the crank for any up and down play. Any up & down movement at all means you've (probably) got a crank bearing getting ready to fail.

I'm in the recheck all motor mount bolts camp. Especially the swingarm bolt which might be frozen and only appear to be properly torqued and the headstay for cracks ,breaks or looseness.

RB

ill check the mount on the head first and fit the silent blocks in the rad and if that dont cure it i will go down this route. thanks very much