Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Injury & Recovery (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   My Toughest Year (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20597)

Dirt Dud 12-07-2015 02:24 PM

My Toughest Year

Life is to short .Health is everything . I have always worked real hard 52 weeks a year . No time to waste ,I have a company to build I told myself . Then Martin was diagnosted with a Brain tumor but he is fine .Thank God ! Now came my turn ,so they removed my esophoges and attached my stomach to my throat . I expected to be back at work in 4 weeks maybe 5 . Well i am out 5 weeks and will be out at least 3 more . I lost 45 pounds so at 6"2" and 145 pounds I have a way to go . The reason I am bringing this up is simple . Do you need more money ? A newer bike ? Well I can tell you that you need to have a life , ride what you have and can afford . That is my new plan to enjoy my life . Now I just need to get back to my old size and health .

CombatYoga 12-07-2015 02:44 PM

Great outlook!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirt Dud (Post 160821)
Life is to short .Health is everything . I have always worked real hard 52 weeks a year . No time to waste ,I have a company to build I told myself . Then Martin was diagnosted with a Brain tumor but he is fine .Thank God ! Now came my turn ,so they removed my esophoges and attached my stomach to my throat . I expected to be back at work in 4 weeks maybe 5 . Well i am out 5 weeks and will be out at least 3 more . I lost 45 pounds so at 6"2" and 145 pounds I have a way to go . The reason I am bringing this up is simple . Do you need more money ? A newer bike ? Well I can tell you that you need to have a life , ride what you have and can afford . That is my new plan to enjoy my life . Now I just need to get back to my old size and health .

I always say we take our health for granted and when it's an issue it is by far the most important thing going.
You've got a great attitude - I'm glad you are on the road to recovery.

Jakobi 12-07-2015 03:33 PM

Best of luck with the recovery Dirt Dud.

Money is good, but lifestyle trumps all. Finding the balance is the key. My theory is something along the lines that I work so that I can afford to live. I don't live to work.

stabak 12-08-2015 03:22 AM

Best of luck dirt dud

RBrider 12-08-2015 05:58 AM

Hope you're back on your feet soon, DD.

RB

rubber Jonny 12-08-2015 07:32 AM

Hope your better soon buddy and back to 100% fitness. Work life balance is not easy to get right.

twowheels 12-08-2015 08:15 AM

God bless you and your family. It sounds like you have your head right - hopefully your body gets there soon too.

bkwdc 12-08-2015 04:55 PM

I entirely agree with your philosophy and I admire your attitude. "Enjoy the Journey". Glad to see you're healthy enough to be writing this. Do hang in there. Down time sucks indeed. Your tag line has always been one of my favorites.

Dirt Dud 12-16-2015 05:24 PM

Best news of the year no more signs of trouble in my sons brain . The doctor says he is clear of any more tumors !

bkwdc 12-16-2015 07:54 PM

Great news. Great to hear. Congratulations!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk