Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mid-West Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   IL laws EC300 (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11992)

ucrtwf 03-23-2012 06:21 PM

IL laws EC300

I'm going to try to get my '10 EC300 plated in Illinois. I looked on the DMV site and it says no 2-strokes. I'm not sure how or if any of your guys make this work for you, but I would love to find out how. One thing I have going for me is that the title I have to switch over is from Oklahoma, and it doesn't say anything about "off road only". It only states the VIN number, make, and body type MC. Nothing to do with 2-stroke, cc's, odometer reading was blank.

Any thoughts?

Brian VT 03-23-2012 08:07 PM

So...you couldn't register a Saab Sonett or an RD400 street bike ? :confused:
I never heard of a 2-stroke ban. Bummer.
I'd get all my paperwork in VERY GOOD order and give it a go. If that clerk had a problem with it, I'd go back another time, or to a different office, and try again.
Friday afternoons are usually a good time to go. And...the busier they are, the better. ;)

singletracker 03-23-2012 10:13 PM

I have an Illinois plate for my 2011 250 Race. No questions were asked.

Brian VT is correct though, some DMV's are more difficult to deal with than others. I ran into that a few years ago when one DMV refused to plate a bike, but another one never asked any questions at all.

modette 12-16-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucrtwf (Post 82809)
I'm going to try to get my '10 EC300 plated in Illinois. I looked on the DMV site and it says no 2-strokes. I'm not sure how or if any of your guys make this work for you, but I would love to find out how. One thing I have going for me is that the title I have to switch over is from Oklahoma, and it doesn't say anything about "off road only". It only states the VIN number, make, and body type MC. Nothing to do with 2-stroke, cc's, odometer reading was blank.

Any thoughts?

GG dealer just showed me the MSO to prove it did not say Off-Road or even that its a 2-stroke. So no surprise your Title would not say this stuff either...hehehehe So as far as your DMV will know it is a 300cc motorcycle...so your getting it through on a technicality.

:-)

Dirtracer334 12-17-2012 07:18 PM

I bought my 11 EC 300 from Halls Husqvarna, they titled and plated my bike. It might be worth giving them a call.

Zman 01-15-2013 08:08 PM

In IL you can go to a currency exchange and avoid the DMV. I have plated many dirt bikes including motocross bikes. I prime the pump with a copy of the receipts for lights, horn, mirror etc and the currency exchange and state are happy to take my money and send me a plate.

What is really funny is that the state of IL needed to confirm that "GASGAS" was actually the mfr name of my motorcycle twice in the early 2000s.

forgiven 01-16-2013 09:12 AM

Gonna have to do that