Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Suspension (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   ?14 Ec300 Reiger shock collar is toast. (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25788)

Homerocks 12-31-2021 11:59 AM

?14 Ec300 Reiger shock collar is toast.

Hello,

Does anybody have any recommendations for replacing the shock collar on a ?14 ec300 reiger shock or just replacing the shock with another make?

I recently had my suspension rebuilt. When I removed the shock spring, I noticed the collar had some damage. It seemed worn. I was told by the shop that it would be fine. On my last ride, the collar slipped over the circlip landing on the linkage.

I?ve contacted reiger to no avail. I?ve spoken with the guy that picks up when I call, and he has told me to message him with the part number and details. I never get any response when I do so. I?ve called three times and left three messages through their website.

What options do I have? Maybe I can take measurements and see if Racetech has a collar? Are there other shocks that will mate up with the frame and linkage?

Thanks so much with any input.

Anders 12-31-2021 03:48 PM

Where are you located? I have had no problems getting in contact with Reiger through email earlier.perhaps they are closed during Christmas?

If anyting else fails, you could get someone with a lathe to make one for you.
I could dismantle my shock to get you the measurements if needed.

Sent fra min YAL-L21 via Tapatalk

Homerocks 01-01-2022 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders (Post 199429)
Where are you located? I have had no problems getting in contact with Reiger through email earlier.perhaps they are closed during Christmas?

If anyting else fails, you could get someone with a lathe to make one for you.
I could dismantle my shock to get you the measurements if needed.

Sent fra min YAL-L21 via Tapatalk

Thank you, Anders. I?m in The States?New Jersey. I have read here on the forums that Reiger has been great to work with in the past. I?m wondering if something has changed within the business. I?ve had no luck with them.

I still have the collar, albeit it?s a bit mangled. I?ll reach out to reiger again on Monday, and I?ll call racetech with the measurements too. I?m guessing this is my best bet.

Thanks,
Tony

Gasser Nate 01-02-2022 08:21 PM

I have seen a few reiger?s do this. I would be hitting up a local machinist to make one out of a sturdier alloy.

Homerocks 01-03-2022 10:07 AM

Thanks, Nate. I guess I?ll look into finding a local shop. I?m a bit surprised with how soft the stock alloy is.

Homerocks 01-11-2022 04:11 PM

I called Reiger again. I was told that they?ve been having computer issues and they?ll get back to me. I spoke to a great local suspension shop, Kessler Pro Suspension. They told me that they might be able to machine the parts needed. Fingers crossed.

Homerocks 02-19-2022 01:21 PM

Just an update in case anyone else comes across this problem. I ended up taking the shock to KPS, a local suspension shop near by. They machined a new collar for me for $100.

SS109 02-19-2022 06:10 PM

Awesome!

MxPhlipper 02-22-2022 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homerocks (Post 199664)
Just an update in case anyone else comes across this problem. I ended up taking the shock to KPS, a local suspension shop near by. They machined a new collar for me for $100.

I remember back in the day, I had an 82 Maico 490 when I was Air Force in Austin, TX.

Triples cracked, and I had new ones locally made from the pieces. This was probably like 91-92. They were perfect. I intentionally didn't clean up the machining mark to keep them 'authentic'