Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Electrical & Wiring (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   05 De 300 Specs (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7973)

VORMAN 09-29-2010 03:37 PM

05 De 300 Specs

Does anyone have the Gas Gas specs for the 05 De 300 ignition? This edition has the MC model flywheel with an 8 pole stator, 9 wire. I need the specs on the stator, pulsar and pick up coil to determine if it is bad. I have no spark and the ignition coil is good. I need to narrow it down to the stator or black box. The manuals are worthless as the wiring diagram lists different wires to test than the bike has. It is an 8 pole stator with a Kokusan ignition. The wiring harness all leads to the Black box (CDI). The wires leading from the Stator are in the 10 oclock position through the case. Any help would be appreciated. Go Fasters does not have the right specs. E-mails have been sent to Kokusan and Gas Gas of Spain. Any help would be appreciated. Desert races are approaching and I need to get this thing going.

GMP 09-29-2010 06:02 PM

VORMAN,

Like I mentioned on TT, you have the 2K-2 ignition, same on GGs, KTMs, and some Huskys. I have a good spare and measured the resistance for you. The wire colors ARE the same as the 2K-3 with the exception of the additional White wire output on the 2K-3. The Black/Red to Red/White value is different.

Red to Green = 98.8 Ohms

Black/Red to Red/White = 25.7 Ohms

Yellow to Gnd(stator plate) = .75 Ohms

All measured at approx 20 deg C

VORMAN 09-29-2010 07:12 PM

Thanks Glenn,

My measurement came to 29.6 OHMS on the Black Red, Red White. I assuming it is good since I measured it at 85 degrees farenheit. That is what I was worried about. I will double check the other values. My gut feeling is it is OK and the problem leads to the black box.

John

GMP 09-30-2010 04:46 AM

Yes, I would say its fine, well within specs.

VORMAN 10-15-2010 03:51 PM

Still No Spark

Well after trouble shooting the beast I replaced the black box. Low and behold still no spark. I am resorting to replace the coil and hope this works. If not it is off to buy a new ignition. $60 is better than $347.00.

Getting frustrated :mad:

GMP 10-15-2010 04:35 PM

Occasional coil issue is the HV lead getting loose and connection going bad. Did you remove the HV lead, cut it back, and thread it back on with some silicone sealer? Try before you buy, check cap too.

VORMAN 11-11-2010 09:33 PM

CDI Bad

OK, after trying to isolate this electrical issue I have resorted to replacing the CDI after replacing the coil, Black Box, isolating the two speed ignition switch, fumbling with wires, checking grounds, etc. I ordered a CDI from Go Fasters. I checked their website and it shows $367 for the CDI. I called by phone and they say it is over $660. I am stuck, so I go ahed and order it. I think Go Fasters is padding their prices a little too much. You can buy a KTM Kokusan ignition for half of this price. I asked why so high a price. I was told that the web site has their old prices and would have to be changed. I no longer have a dealer in town that is authorized for Gas Gas parts. At these prices people will resort to another brand of bike. Anybody have these issues?

GMP 11-12-2010 08:12 AM

A KTM Kokusan CDI will work, same thing. There are also part outs available. No way would I pay $660 for a CDI thats just crazy. I thought you previously said that you replaced the CDI and still had no sparK? Measure continuity wire by wire from the stator itself to the CDI connections, it wouldn't be unheard of for a wire to be broken within the insulation. This is especially true if you pivot the subframe up for shock removal, where the harness can be stretched if its zip tied to the frame/subframe.

VORMAN 11-12-2010 10:52 PM

Ignition

My bad,

I meant to say I purchased the ignition after I replaced the black box. Must have been the red wine I had after feeling a little jilted from the price I had to pay. I got the Ignition today. I pray this works. The whole package comes with the pick up, mounting plate, flywheel, wiring loom, an harness to the black box. A little different than the KTM parts which are itemed seperately. I don't know what is up Go Fasters Sleeve, but I am sure it might have something to do with having to stock more parts as a requirement of the new bike importer. Any ideas? A price shouldn't have to nearly double within a months time. :eek:

GMP 11-14-2010 06:36 PM

IF its bad, you could have saved a lot of coin by just getting a KTM stator from a part out. All indications pointed to it being good though. If this fixes it you may never know the real cause as your replacing everything including the harness.