Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What did you do to your Gas Gas today? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16277)

papa_j 07-19-2014 09:12 PM

canyon trail plus quarter mile single track

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...psbcc3d481.jpg

paulos 07-20-2014 06:55 AM

Not today exactly, but the last week or so.

Pulled the top end down, put in a new set of rings, replaced the base gaskets with one thin gasket. Measured the squish and had the head modified to 1.2mm.

Pulled the power valve assembly apart and cleaned it up (fair bit of carbon in there) and replaced one of the bearings.

Started it up this arvo and went for a ride in the backyard (we have a couple of acres) the hesitation at 1/4 throttle is gone and the bike pulls like a train. Looking forward to getting out on the trails!

WAZ 07-22-2014 02:08 PM

Just finished a top end rebuild on my EC300 today. New piston kit, little end bearing, reeds, air filter, and head modded to 1.25 squish and 12.8:1cr. It feels like a totally different bike, and ticks over quite nicely, which it never did before! Can't wait to take it for a spin.

Jim Cook 07-22-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa_j (Post 137600)

Is that northern New Mexico?
New Mexico is beautiful country when you get up into the mountains.
A friend guided me and some friends in the Natl Forest southwest of the Los Alamos area a few years ago. The air was so thin at 13K' that the shadows were absolutely dark. The trails were fantastic. I think they had a bad wildfire out that way sometime in the last couple of years.

Good Riding!
Jim

papa_j 07-23-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cook (Post 137769)
Is that northern New Mexico?
New Mexico is beautiful country when you get up into the mountains.
A friend guided me and some friends in the Natl Forest southwest of the Los Alamos area a few years ago. The air was so thin at 13K' that the shadows were absolutely dark. The trails were fantastic. I think they had a bad wildfire out that way sometime in the last couple of years.

Good Riding!
Jim

This is in the four corners area of New Mexico. We are fortunate to have approximately 20,000 acres of multi-use BLM just north of town and about 1 mile from my house. There are three other areas of BLM land around that town that we ride at frequently. Given the lower elevation when compared to Las Alamos; we don't have any tall pines. It is mostly just high desert with juniper trees.

Fred1956 07-23-2014 12:32 PM

more pics of 2010 'refresh'

2 Attachment(s)
Xmas in July, let the assembly begin.....

savage sausage 07-23-2014 01:06 PM

took my clutch slave cylinder off cos i can't get my damn clutch bled :confused:
how can i pop the piston out?

Neil E. 07-23-2014 03:55 PM

Shot of compressed air through the connection port (or block the connection port and use the opened bleed nipple). First wrap a rag around the assembly to catch oil and vapours.

Jim Cook 07-23-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred1956 (Post 137823)
Xmas in July, let the assembly begin.....

Fred,
That looks pretty. Did you have the parts annodized; and if so, who did it? I thank Zac Crowl is doing some of that type stuff.

For the last three weeks, I've been working on and "riding in" a new private trail that is local to me. It's very tight woods singletrack, but being in the creek bottoms of south Arkansas, there are not any hills involved.
The woods there are primarily thickets (with lots of vines), so the cutting is going pretty slow, but when I get through I hope to have between three and four miles to play on that are less than 10 miles from my home.
Thank goodness for the relatively cool weather we've been having. Today, it was back to 86% humidity and 92F.

Post photos when you get finished, Fred.

Fred1956 07-23-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cook (Post 137854)
Fred,
That looks pretty. Did you have the parts annodized; and if so, who did it? I thank Zac Crowl is doing some of that type stuff.
Post photos when you get finished, Fred.

Exactly Jim, and it was Zac that did them. Had a little trouble anodizing the cast but we kind of expected that. Came out good though