Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Full Tools to Have for a GASGAS EC (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3844)

cheekeon 12-29-2008 11:03 AM

Full Tools to Have for a GASGAS EC

Hi,

I am building up my tools set which should be able to cover repair for the entire ec bike ...... piston, clutch replacement etc

What do I nned to have?

Brian VT 12-29-2008 11:29 AM

All of 'em. lol.
GG uses about every different form of fastener in existence.

Skidad 12-29-2008 12:17 PM

Yup, the learning curve has already pissed me off but I was in a bit of a hurry at the time and the swears were ah flying.

MattR 12-29-2008 06:26 PM

The newer '07+ bikes have more consistent sizes, but still a bunch. You could always buy a KTM bolt replacement kit and swap some out. However, then our GG's will get orange koolaid intoxication. :D

gaspipe 01-04-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian VT (Post 24492)
All of 'em. lol.
GG uses about every different form of fastener in existence.

Ain't that the truth. I used almost every size socket in my toolbox rebuilding my '04 300. I don't think I ever used a 15mm socket before that. :rolleyes:

Something I could add - I had a couple spare boxes of KTM replacement fasteners from Motion Pro, and I replaced all the weirdo, oddball stuff I could with more normal bits in an effort to minimize the toolkit I had to carry in the sticks when riding.

nick790 01-05-2009 11:05 AM

That's what i'm doing, the fixings are a better quality also.

Trooper Sam 02-14-2010 03:43 PM

I wanna bring this one back from the dead. Assume I know very little. Assume that I have very few tools. Start from there, and tell me what is in your must-have tool box for working on your GG 2 stroke.

cbutler 02-14-2010 05:21 PM

Man they are not joking on this one :confused: :confused:
Just to start
the biggest set mm sockets you can find
the biggest set mm wrench you can find
the biggest set of mm allen wrenches you can find
full set of torx (star) sockets you can find
screw driver set
hammer (if the bike is used)
pry bar

BIG jug of corn whiskey home made preferably but that may be hard to find in Perris

Trooper Sam 02-14-2010 06:08 PM

Sounds like a really good, if daunting start. Oh, well, I guess there's Harbor Freight, although the quality of tools there I don't think is what I'm looking for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbutler (Post 39857)
Man they are not joking on this one :confused: :confused:
Just to start
the biggest set mm sockets you can find
the biggest set mm wrench you can find
the biggest set of mm allen wrenches you can find
full set of torx (star) sockets you can find
screw driver set
hammer (if the bike is used)
pry bar

BIG jug of corn whiskey home made preferably but that may be hard to find in Perris

HuskyDude 02-14-2010 06:23 PM

15mm yup never knew I owned one till I started wrench'n on a GG.:D