Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Chassis & Body (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   ISDE tires (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4527)

roostafish 04-27-2009 03:03 PM

ISDE tires

Who here has any experience with the latest FIM legal tires? I've got a Dunlop Sponsorship, and the ISDE tires are the D908, and the D606. Those are DS tires, and, well I'm not thrilled with the choice. I honestly have no experience running them. I have run the Michelin Enduro Comp III's, which worked fine, and flopped on the rim in short order, but they were not what I wanted to be running (at the time I would have chosen a Michelin M12, or S12 depending on terrain.).
Any thoughts?

iancp5 04-27-2009 04:17 PM

Isn't the D909 Geomax their current FIM tyre?
I don't know what these are like as quite new I think but their previous FIM tyre had quite hard sidewalls and thus harder to change than Michelin but worked well enough on most terrain.

roostafish 04-27-2009 06:29 PM

I asked, but no word yet on the D909. If they're legal, I'll try them out. Frankly, I need all the advantage I can get, both in traction and sidewall. I hope it has soft sidewalls and is FIM legal.

Nick 04-28-2009 12:42 PM

I have an xtra set of wheels with 606's on em. The rear is actually quite good and the front just ok. I usually run 756 front and 756 or 739 in the rear so thats what i compare em to.

SpeedyManiac 04-28-2009 02:25 PM

I used the Metzeler Six Days Extreme tire. All North Americans get worked up over ISDE tires since to be FIM legal they are limited to 13mm knob heights. I'm no exception, I thought the tires were stupid the first time I used them. But, after 2 ISDEs, I'm quite fond of the tires as they work well everywhere and are probably the best tires for grass track on the planet. Nice thing about Metzeler (and Mitas) is both companies have booths at the ISDE so you just have to place your order ahead of time, show up and get your tires.

One thing, make sure you get the right size mousses for your tires. Michelin tires don't work with metzeler mousses, for example.

nick790 04-28-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac (Post 29553)
I used the Metzeler Six Days Extreme tire. All North Americans get worked up over ISDE tires since to be FIM legal they are limited to 13mm knob heights. I'm no exception, I thought the tires were stupid the first time I used them. But, after 2 ISDEs, I'm quite fond of the tires as they work well everywhere and are probably the best tires for grass track on the planet. Nice thing about Metzeler (and Mitas) is both companies have booths at the ISDE so you just have to place your order ahead of time, show up and get your tires.

One thing, make sure you get the right size mousses for your tires. Michelin tires don't work with metzeler mousses, for example.

+1....................