Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Considering the Kiwi Move (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22858)

04 EC250 09-30-2017 03:17 AM

Riding in NZ

Hey Swazi.

I started riding in Natal and the Drakensburg back when I was a lot younger. Trail riding in SA is pretty good but some of the rides I've done around Christchurch are pretty decent.

Check out myrides website and they list trail-ride dates for NZ. Suzuki trails do the majority around Canterbury. There is also the Waimak area set aside for dirt bikes....

Hope that helps

swazi_matt 09-30-2017 03:32 AM

Thanks.

Had just decided to take a kind of sabbatical to Peru (where my wife is from) for the kids to learn Spanish and now have a Skype interview with a nz consulting firm next week (midnight my line ) so let's see what happens

swazi_matt 02-12-2018 03:08 AM

So things are moving along, will be going to Auckland for a looksee week next week and a few interviews.
One is for a job in Hamilton. current research looks like it will suit my family needs, but not sure about my biking needs - may have to switch to engineless 2 wheels

twowheels 02-12-2018 08:34 AM

Will you still be swazi_matt, or will that necessarily change to kiwi_matt?

Good hunting in any case ;)

swazi_matt 02-12-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twowheels (Post 181467)
Will you still be swazi_matt, or will that necessarily change to kiwi_matt?

Good hunting in any case ;)

Haha ... maybe ... but you know what they say. You can take the monkey out of the jungle but you can never take the jungle out of the monkey

swazi_matt 03-19-2018 12:15 AM

So as of mid June I will be a Hamilton local.

Not sure how long it will be before I get a Bike but I see there is a gg dealer in Hamilton :)

twowheels 03-19-2018 12:46 AM

Congratulations!

It doesn't sound like there is much hope for white guys in South Africa, and perhaps by extension Swaziland, so getting out before August seems like a good move.

tonyraft 03-19-2018 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swazi_matt (Post 181952)

Not sure how long it will be before I get a Bike but I see there is a gg dealer in Hamilton :)

Moving to the Tron !!! Will let you work it out what the rest of the country say about the Tron , if you ever get to the Deep South come look us up and I'll take you riding !
Tony

(F5) 03-19-2018 03:38 AM

Queenstown? I'm assuming that's an open invite. You have a couch? I might just pop in for a few weeks. I'll bring the family, we worked out a holiday would overstretch the budget just in accommodation. Hope you're near town. I drink a bit so stock up. I'm a bit fussy so Craft only if you don't mind.

Oh yeah. And welcome Matt. Tron is ok, just gets stick from Aucklanders who have big city snobbery of closest neighborhood.

RBrider 03-19-2018 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swazi_matt (Post 181952)

Hope it all works out well for you & family.

It sounds like you've got your priorities in order seeing how you've located the closest GG dealer.:)

Best wishes for the future.

RB