Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2019 Gas Gas updates (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23584)

CDN Rick 05-23-2018 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRickD (Post 183361)
Diecast motor which can lead to weight reduction.
Any other places for weight reduction? Swing arm?

Starter update?

Maybe some vibration reduction (already low), without going to a counter- balancer.

I have heard near zero complaints about the 2018.

Why would you not like a counter-balancer?

(F5) 05-23-2018 02:02 PM

Added weight size complexity and cost hardly worth it when these things rev so slowly. Unless they had a vibration problem. I've certainly never noticed one.

CDN Rick 05-23-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (F5) (Post 183386)
Added weight size complexity and cost hardly worth it when these things rev so slowly. Unless they had a vibration problem. I've certainly never noticed one.

I can't say I have any complaints with mine. But I rode an '18 Husky T250i the other day and that thing is WOW Smooth!! I still liked my '18 EGP250 better than the Husky. But I'd gladly pay for a counterbalancer if GG came out with one.

nknudsen 05-23-2018 03:47 PM

Was there any issues with the counter balanced GG bikes from the late 90's? My buddy has a low mile 1999 that is very smooth. I'd be for it again.

gasgasman 05-23-2018 05:01 PM

Funny how we demand counter balancers and e-start. :eek:

AZRickD 05-23-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Why would you not like a counter-balancer?
Dang it !!

Right after I originally posted that, I went back to edit with ?without necessarily? going to a counter balancer. I guess it didn?t take.

I did the 2018 KTM demo this winter in Phoenix and found the balanced KTMs to be nice but nothing to get overly excited about. Just a tingle on the foot pegs and no vibes on the grips (or visa versa, I can?t remember).

Absent market research that says potential GG buyers [edit] *desperately* want a counter-balancer, I would prioritize development resources elsewhere, as noted.

CDN Rick 05-23-2018 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRickD (Post 183394)
Dang it !!

Right after I originally posted that, I went back to edit with ?without necessarily? going to a counter balancer. I guess it didn?t take.

I did the 2018 KTM demo this winter in Phoenix and found the balanced KTMs to be nice but nothing to get overly excited about. Just a tingle on the foot pegs and no vibes on the grips (or visa versa, I can?t remember).

Absent market research that says potential GG buyers [edit] *desperately* want a counter-balancer, I would prioritize development resources elsewhere, as noted.

Interesting.. I respect your opinion. But I've talked to a few guys who aren't thrilled with the idea of buying a bike without a balancer when there are options with it. If Beta pulls the trigger next year and adds one GG will be forced to follow to keep up or risk looking like they aren't in touch with the market. Like it or not, we all know mass market dictates product development more than what may actually be needed.

AZRickD 05-23-2018 11:47 PM

How dare you, Sir.

How dare you.

Gibnut 05-24-2018 02:44 AM

I?m nearly 50 & don?t notice any vibes on my ?18 EC250 Six Days - too busy loving the suspension & motor!

2019 Wishlist

- re-wire the starter with thicker gauge as stock & put the starter button on the rhs
- delete the auto-retract stand.
- offer squish-corrected heads from the Factory, based on fuel octane. Mine has been a little trying to jet. 2.06mm & spooge-city on Motul 710 @ 2% in 98RON. On the good Aussie stuff now, Penrite MC-2T Full Synthetic & she?s running great.
- Fit a stock diameter handlebar - fitting off the shelf full wrap handguards with a bar plug (Barkbusters, etc) requires drilling out the id of the ?bar (EC only).

fred99999au 05-24-2018 05:31 PM

Common mods for the 2018 models vid which includes the sidestand mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td_DTUZIH_I