Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   GasGas Factory News ? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20170)

Dirt Dud 09-01-2015 08:49 PM

GasGas Factory News ?

Has anyone heard any news as to the new owners at Gasgas ? Not that there is anything we can do about whoever it will be . But I sure am looking forward to who is going to take over and how it will effect us GasGas guys . I am very hopeful that it is going to be a company that will grow the brand off of the machines we already have . And I sure hope they do it fast !

poelinca 09-02-2015 04:51 AM

Long story short, read here http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...t=20029&page=1

Rod Overstreet 09-02-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirt Dud (Post 156943)
Has anyone heard any news as to the new owners at Gasgas ? Not that there is anything we can do about whoever it will be . But I sure am looking forward to who is going to take over and how it will effect us GasGas guys . I am very hopeful that it is going to be a company that will grow the brand off of the machines we already have . And I sure hope they do it fast !

I spoke with the former CEO 2 weeks ago. He tells us the Court Appointee is now reviewing all potential buyers thru the month of Sept (currently there are 15+ potential buyers) then will narrow down to 3, before finally deciding who gets the nod, sometime in Oct. He went on to say the final decision will not come down to who places the highest bid, but rather who agrees to meet the majority of the requests made by the stock holders, unions, etc. In other words, who will do what is best for the workers and the brand.

This is information was sent to all the dealers immediately after our conversation. When there are further updates, it will be sent to the dealers first, then thru public media.

poelinca 09-02-2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet (Post 156957)
I spoke with the former CEO 2 weeks ago. He tells us the Court Appointee is now reviewing all potential buyers thru the month of Sept (currently there are 15+ potential buyers) then will narrow down to 3, before finally deciding who gets the nod, sometime in Oct. He went on to say the final decision will not come down to who places the highest bid, but rather who agrees to meet the majority of the requests made by the stock holders, unions, etc. In other words, who will do what is best for the workers and the brand.

This is information was sent to all the dealers immediately after our conversation. When there are further updates, it will be sent to the dealers first, then thru public media.

:eek: this is great news !!!

VxZeroKnots 09-02-2015 09:54 AM

Thanks for sharing that with us Rod.

Chaz955i 09-02-2015 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet (Post 156957)

Thanks for sharing.

Dirt Dud 09-02-2015 11:18 AM

That is awsum ! I hope that they do pick someone who will do justice to the brand . So by the start of the new year we should have an answer .:D

memphis2857 09-02-2015 02:36 PM

Awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rod Overstreet 09-02-2015 03:54 PM

Don't get too happy...Nobody knows the future just yet.

Unfortunately, this ain't the first time I've been down this road, so nothing would surprise me at this point.

Chaz955i 09-02-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet (Post 156977)
Don't get too happy...Nobody knows the future just yet.

Unfortunately, this ain't the first time I've been down this road, so nothing would surprise me at this point.

No doubt, they might be making Gas Gas branded door knobs when all is said and done. Union wants people working. What they are working on is of less importance.

Not making light of the situation as this whole mess must have really disrupted your life. Hope it all works out.