Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   wont run (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23560)

yowie05 05-13-2018 12:16 AM

wont run

im at a loss. 2004 EC300, recent complete new topend(S3 barrel piston & head). went for a nice 4 hr ride. came home washed the bike put it away till the next weekend when the next ride was planned, got to the track and bike dead. checked spark none so thought plug was gone. replaced plug nothing still. stuffed around with wires removed all kill switch wires from bike(unpluged from CDI), sanded earth places. now have good strong spark(will junp 5mm plus the plug gap and crisp blue) thought sweet im off but got nothing. pulled carby cleaned and checked float level, put back together. i have nice strong spark, i have fuel, i have compression(170psi roughly) but i have no bang. i am getting to the point of pouring fuel over it and burning it. can anyone give me any insight TIA

Gasser Nate 05-13-2018 12:50 AM

Do a leak down test to make sure the crank case is well sealed,
Check the reeds for damage. Make sure the muffler isn?t blocked, (broken baffle etc) mine did that first ride.

(F5) 05-13-2018 03:28 AM

Well at least try some spray ether engine start. Remove filter and spray in carb.

If it starts clean carb.

SS109 05-13-2018 03:35 AM

Just because you have spark doesn't mean it's strong enough to spark under cylinder pressure. I would be willing to bet it's still an electrical problem since this is what started this unless you somehow got water in the carb. I would be checking stator output and checking the ignition coil.

Gasser Nate 05-13-2018 04:49 AM

Also is the plug coming out wet? Dripping? It might have a crankcase of fuel from a flooding carb or fuel tap left on whilst trailering. Gassers have a nice Allen bolt in the cases to drain and check.

yowie05 05-13-2018 05:03 AM

@SS109 do you mean check voltage coming out of stator? the stator resistance is with FSM spec, as stated the spark is jumping across a gap of at least 5mm(tool a gocarting mate gave me) that i placed between plug lead and plug whilst plug is in the engine so that there is load
@Gasser Nate reeds are new as replaced them with the new top end, how to do leakdown test ill research thx
@(F5) was the 1st thing i tried mate good sugestion

guys thx for the responses

yowie05 05-13-2018 05:05 AM

gasser nate plug is wet but not dripping ill have to have a squiz at that drain bolt thx

rvangeel 05-13-2018 06:45 AM

Maybe have a look and see if the stator has rotated and the timing is off. Maybe you had it off when doing the previous work and it didn’t get tightened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gasser Nate 05-14-2018 01:32 AM

Also make sure the flywheel?s key way is still intact.

Zman 05-14-2018 07:39 AM

And the Key too ;-)