Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Injury & Recovery (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   My Toughest Year (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20597)

Dirt Dud 12-07-2015 02:24 PM

My Toughest Year

Life is to short .Health is everything . I have always worked real hard 52 weeks a year . No time to waste ,I have a company to build I told myself . Then Martin was diagnosted with a Brain tumor but he is fine .Thank God ! Now came my turn ,so they removed my esophoges and attached my stomach to my throat . I expected to be back at work in 4 weeks maybe 5 . Well i am out 5 weeks and will be out at least 3 more . I lost 45 pounds so at 6"2" and 145 pounds I have a way to go . The reason I am bringing this up is simple . Do you need more money ? A newer bike ? Well I can tell you that you need to have a life , ride what you have and can afford . That is my new plan to enjoy my life . Now I just need to get back to my old size and health .

CombatYoga 12-07-2015 02:44 PM

Great outlook!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirt Dud (Post 160821)
Life is to short .Health is everything . I have always worked real hard 52 weeks a year . No time to waste ,I have a company to build I told myself . Then Martin was diagnosted with a Brain tumor but he is fine .Thank God ! Now came my turn ,so they removed my esophoges and attached my stomach to my throat . I expected to be back at work in 4 weeks maybe 5 . Well i am out 5 weeks and will be out at least 3 more . I lost 45 pounds so at 6"2" and 145 pounds I have a way to go . The reason I am bringing this up is simple . Do you need more money ? A newer bike ? Well I can tell you that you need to have a life , ride what you have and can afford . That is my new plan to enjoy my life . Now I just need to get back to my old size and health .

I always say we take our health for granted and when it's an issue it is by far the most important thing going.
You've got a great attitude - I'm glad you are on the road to recovery.

Jakobi 12-07-2015 03:33 PM

Best of luck with the recovery Dirt Dud.

Money is good, but lifestyle trumps all. Finding the balance is the key. My theory is something along the lines that I work so that I can afford to live. I don't live to work.

stabak 12-08-2015 03:22 AM

Best of luck dirt dud

RBrider 12-08-2015 05:58 AM

Hope you're back on your feet soon, DD.

RB

rubber Jonny 12-08-2015 07:32 AM

Hope your better soon buddy and back to 100% fitness. Work life balance is not easy to get right.

twowheels 12-08-2015 08:15 AM

God bless you and your family. It sounds like you have your head right - hopefully your body gets there soon too.

bkwdc 12-08-2015 04:55 PM

I entirely agree with your philosophy and I admire your attitude. "Enjoy the Journey". Glad to see you're healthy enough to be writing this. Do hang in there. Down time sucks indeed. Your tag line has always been one of my favorites.

Dirt Dud 12-16-2015 05:24 PM

Best news of the year no more signs of trouble in my sons brain . The doctor says he is clear of any more tumors !

bkwdc 12-16-2015 07:54 PM

Great news. Great to hear. Congratulations!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

hadfield4wd 12-17-2015 07:03 AM

Thats awesome!

Rod Overstreet 12-18-2015 05:19 AM

I enjoyed our chat this past week Dirt Dud. Wishing you and your son the best recovery possible!

micko24 12-19-2015 09:08 PM

I'm glad to hear you in the mend. And you are right about Health being the integral part of all things we do. I will pray for you and your son's road to recovery. God Bless.

GasGasDreamer 12-20-2015 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirt dud (Post 161205)
best news of the year no more signs of trouble in my sons brain . The doctor says he is clear of any more tumors !

excellent news !!

GasGas 12-20-2015 07:09 PM

Glad to hear you and your son are on the road to recovery. And your right, life is too short. I was having a hard time finishing hare scrambles this year and come to find out I have a clogged heart. Dye test coming after x-mas, so we will see whats up then. Not what I was planning on at 46. At least I didn't have a heart attack in the woods. Best wishes to everyone and their families for good health and safe riding in the new year.

Dirt Dud 12-15-2017 10:29 PM

2 years later and after trying every non medical system to get healthy now it is back to the Doctors . The last time the Doctor said 5 days in the hospital 24 days later I got out then a feeding tube for 2 months. So I do not trust them at all ! I did not race since the operation and this year only some trials riding and rode riding . So hopefully I can gain some weight 139 now and get back my muscle so I can go enduro riding again . We always ride New Years Day and I plan to make it no matter what there will be studds on the 300 for sure .

swazi_matt 12-16-2017 01:14 AM

KEep going ... it’s just like an extreme Enduro climb , you just keep chipping away at it meter by meter and before you know it you’re at the top - focus on the small achievable goals (like riding New Years) and you will get there

Good luck and never give up

RBrider 12-16-2017 03:37 AM

Thanks for reporting in, DD. Hoping and praying for great new year for you and family.

RB

hadfield4wd 12-16-2017 09:24 AM

Dang DD wondered what has happened. Shame on me for not contacting you. Keep your chin up and know I prayed for you this morning.

pscook 12-16-2017 05:06 PM

Quitters never win, and winners never quit. Keep that positive outlook and you will never lack for satisfaction. Good luck and you are in my thoughts, as is everyone battling their personal challenges this time of year.

nknudsen 12-17-2017 07:41 AM

Good luck and keep up the fight!

Dirt Dud 12-23-2017 08:21 PM

So my first time in a hospital was not to great and really scared me to go back . Well guys if you are in pain DO NOT put it off . I went for an upper GI test at 8 am monday and was in ER by 10:30 3 days later and a good scare I learned my stomach was twisted like a balloon . I sat in the ER reading about it and it is very rare and very deadly . After a few test mine is only a partial twist so after the holidays we will figure out if they can fix it and how bad it really is . So DO NOT put it off if something is not rite .Thanks for your prayers and have a great holiday season .

RBrider 12-24-2017 06:07 AM

Good advice for all of us. Thanks for checking in. Hope your latest health issues can be fixed fully & quickly.

Best wishes and prayers for a better & healthier New Year for you & family.

RB

Dirt Dud 04-07-2018 07:38 PM

Dusted off my trials bike today and took it out for a bit . That is about all I am capable of rite now . I had surgery Feb 12th and so far still not able to gain any weight 125 pounds 6"1". With one surgery left to do but I am putting it off just because I am sick of being in a hospital. So my trials bikes are going to be my dirt riding for awhile . My other outlet are my MP3 500cc n my BV350 scooters I am hooked on these great rode bikes . People live life like it is your last day alive because you never know .

Motorman_55792 04-12-2018 04:12 PM

Just take care of yourself and get some strength back!

Dirt Dud 06-26-2018 05:00 PM

Doctors orders gain some weight and get in shape , so I am riding my trials bike 3 days a week and started doing some pushups and stuff . Turns out that trials riding does not effect my body in the adverse ways that my enduro and rode bikes do . I knew that my body was telling me something else was not rite so I went to a Nuerologist and was diagnosed with Parkinsons . So as far as medicine for a treatment it is just plain nasty :mad: and my doctor told me to add some weight at 6 '1; and now up to 137 pounds And work out . So I am in a club that has a great track about 14 miles away that has a professional hillclimb on it. So it is a steep and challenging track that I can go to at 5:30 am ride an hour or so and be at work on time . The only real problem and it is painful with enduro and road bikes is that my hands and legs cramp really bad . A short road ride today resulted in being stuck in my house resting waiting for these cramps to go away . My doctor prescribed Rasagiline WOW the side effects are flat out scary ! So now I take Magnezium , Potassiam , pickle juice , trace minerals and drink lots of water some with carb gain power .I am also using Theraworx foam but am still getting bad cramps sometimes . And it really makes me want to ride my trials bike more and that is the good coming out of a few tough years .

hadfield4wd 06-26-2018 07:15 PM

Tom, you are still in my prayers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GasGas 12-13-2018 08:48 PM

I hope you get things sorted out soon Dirt Dud. I'm 3 years down the road from finding out I had a clogged heart initially to finding out I have Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and now it's become obstructive and I need to have a Septal Myectomy. I just missed my surgery date on Dec 6th due to a bad cold and now have a chest infection. Hopefully I can get fixed in the new year, so I can get my life back on track.