Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   ***LECTRON/EC300 - Need Experts!!! (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22756)

Caccamo 06-18-2017 09:00 AM

***LECTRON/EC300 - Need Experts!!!

EC300 with lectron won't idle unless I set it high:mad:
I have a fresh engine (top and bottom)
I have worked with Lectron to no avail
The bike will idle for 5-10 seconds, but then drops to a super low idle and dies within a few seconds.

Known:
The reeds are not sealing perfectly on the corners (slight wear). I do have new reed pedals. (Would this cause issues/ normal wear?)

When I pressure test, I am getting a lot of air loss past the power valve (normal?)

When starting I use the choke but have to turn it off within about 10 seconds, just seems super rich with choke on......??

I am at a point where I think the carb is on the lean side since the idle is a bit eratic when I go any further.

There are no air leaks that I can tell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love the bike, but if it's not going to idle, I may not be a Gasgas fan much longer.

Zman 06-18-2017 12:26 PM

If there is any question about the reeds, I would fix them first otherwise you will be chasing your tail.

Jakobi 06-18-2017 06:52 PM

What is your squish clearance/head to piston tolerance? I had similar issues until I got the head sorted.

How long do you need it to idle for?

I tend to try and get mine to tick over very low and slow, and expect it to flame out after a few seconds. Tune for off idle response and torque.. that's the important part when riding.

Anders 06-19-2017 03:10 AM

I have a Lectron on my 200 that will idle "forever". Even laying on its side, it idles for long enough for me to get back on my feet and pick it up. So there is nothing about the Lectron design that causes this erratic idle. However, if the slide or carb body is badly worn, I cannot say how it will behave.

Sent fra min E5603 via Tapatalk

(F5) 06-19-2017 03:31 AM

During pressure test one is artificially blocking the exhaust port. The port is either closed pretty well by the piston or a very big hole is open to the pipe. So don't sweat the PV.

Caccamo 06-19-2017 08:42 PM

squish is 1.2. It was .8 and I added base gaskets to get it to 1.2 but couldn't tell a difference. One thing I did notice which I thought was strange, but if I remove the left power valve cover is blows a lot of exhaust out, but idles fine. As though it's relieving some back pressure?

Caccamo 06-19-2017 08:45 PM

Thanks F5! What you are saying makes sense. I am at the point of getting rid of the Lectron and trying a standard carb, but I keep hearing how great they are. It may not be the Lectron at all, I just don't know

Caccamo 06-19-2017 08:47 PM

Thanks Anders! I would tend to think that if the slide or carb body were worn it would favor the lean side and struggle to pull fuel from the carb? It seems as though it is loading and dying, at least I thing so. When it starts to die, I can rev a few revs and it will usually idle for a few more seconds.

Jakobi 06-20-2017 12:29 AM

I'd fix the reeds, and go from there. I don't think the problem lies with the carb itself.

Caravan Monster 06-20-2017 03:00 AM

+1 on replacing the reeds. Which metering rod do you have ? Guessing it would be 4-2m for ec300, might be worth checking with Lectron. I recently purchased a new metering rod and found their customer service excellent (especially being in a different country)