Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Is Gas Gas in trouble in the U.S. (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39)

GregM 07-18-2006 08:03 AM

Is Gas Gas in trouble in the U.S.

I know that Smackover is no more, is this a sign of things to come for Gas Gas? I love the new four stroke I just bought but I there are times I just don't want to deal with the weight and need a lower first gear. I'll probably see what I can get at Craig's List for my 450 and if I can get decent money, I may move to an EC300. Supposedly Gassers have a pretty low first gear. There are times when I need that. I just want to make sure they are going to be around for a few years.

Greg

JTT 07-18-2006 08:58 AM

No worries Greg, the Smackover closing had nothing to do with GasGas. GasGas is continuing to grow in N America and Worldwide. Release of the 2007 specs this early is a good indication they intend to be around for a while ;)

GregM 07-19-2006 08:03 AM

That is good to hear.

Greg

Mark Tracy 07-20-2006 10:20 AM

Agree - that is good to hear!!! Not VOR or Cannondale. Good thing is their Trial bike are very strong and popular so this adds to the company's portflio...

barkeater 07-20-2006 01:40 PM

Gas Gas is alive and well in the USA. Demand for the bikes is up. Unfortunately last year, after 2 years of excessive overstock, the distributor severely underestimated demand. A mistake that can be near fatal for a low volume brand. Rumors fly, people get scared and buy for comfort rather than quality. :confused:

If what I am hearing is true, Gas Gas is poised to have a very good 2007 (and beyond) in the US market.

Keep your eyes peeled.:eek:

...and thats what I know about something I know nothing about!:rolleyes:

barkeater 07-25-2006 08:11 AM

There will be a press release later this week pertaining to the exciting future of Gas Gas in the USA.

I'm sure you've all heard the verified rumor that Barrett Marketing, the US distributor of Husaberg, will be the new Gas Gas distributor in the US.

Keep your eyes peeled for more details from Brett Saunders, the Director of Marketing for Husaberg USA soon.

webmaster 07-25-2006 01:36 PM

I e-mailed Brett to get press releases etc. I then called him and talked with him on the phone - outstanding guy. Believe me - things are looking up in a very big way.... He will send us press releases as soon as they are available.

I also suggested we do a Q and A with the gasgas community here. He thought that this was a great idea. He needs the Questions from all of you... I will start another thread where we all can ask questions and express any concerns we might have. He will respond and I will put together an article -> " A Q & A session with Brett Saunders".

thanks,
jeff

GregM 07-25-2006 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barkeater
There will be a press release later this week pertaining to the exciting future of Gas Gas in the USA.

I'm sure you've all heard the verified rumor that Barrett Marketing, the US distributor of Husaberg, will be the new Gas Gas distributor in the US.

Keep your eyes peeled for more details from Brett Saunders, the Director of Marketing for Husaberg USA soon.

So they'll distribute both brands? I am about to buy a new 300. I should get it this saturday.

Greg

Mark Tracy 07-25-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregM
So they'll distribute both brands? I am about to buy a new 300. I should get it this saturday.

Greg

We will be exceited to get a ride report on yer 07 Gasser!!!

GregM 07-26-2006 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Tracy
We will be exceited to get a ride report on yer 07 Gasser!!!

That will be an '06. My other bike sold last night and unless the dealer jerks me around on price, it is a done deal. He says he wants to move his two '06 DE300's.

Greg