Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2012 300 issue (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12695)

bones150 06-21-2012 01:21 AM

2012 300 issue

This has happened twice to me. Feels like a fouled plug bike wont clean out on higher rpms. Did this to me in a race for about a half an hour then cleaned out and ran good. Did the same today and let it sit and tried it and ran fine. WAS GONA CLEAN CARB AND REPLACE PLUG tomorrow but was wandering what you guys think. What plug are you guys running. I am still running stock plug. Thanks

swazi_matt 06-21-2012 01:24 AM

do you have a cable choke? if so it sounds like it may be getting stuck open, had that with my bike until i changed to standard choke

wence 06-21-2012 05:25 AM

Stock plug is crap. Mine stopped working after one ride.
Put an Ngk in and it is still in there:D
Cheers Mark

swazi_matt 06-21-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wence (Post 89071)
Stock plug is crap. Mine stopped working after one ride.
Put an Ngk in and it is still in there:D
Cheers Mark

but surely once it is fouled it remains fouled, from what i understand this is an intermittent problem, which is why my money (if i had any!) is on the choke

Jakobi 06-21-2012 06:03 AM

What kind of riding were you doing before it wouldn't rev out? What jetting.. yeah yeah I'm always blabbin on about jetting.. My 2010 would load up after about 3 minutes of singletrack using stock jetting and stock plug. Just as you said it then wouldn't rev out freely until after it cleared it lungs and then it would hook in again until I loaded it up in the low revs and same same all over. NGK plugs seem to work better than the stock Denso (I use BR8ES cause they're cheaper and work just as well). I also swapped out my cable mount choke because it kept hanging up on vines etc in tight trail.

So what I'm saying is all the replied above give you something to consider, and I've given you a little more :D Lucky bugger with your 2012 model! Hope you get it sorted.

GMP 06-21-2012 08:03 AM

Get rid of that cable choke, and check the wiring/connectors under the tank. The only waterproof connector is the CDI connector, all others are not. I siliconed and taped mine up good. Coil HV wire should be sealed up good, mine was. The lug on the frame with the regulator and all the ground terminals did not have the paint removed, only depending on the star washer. Remove the paint and add dielectric grease for a reliable ground connnection. These electricals will eventually burn you if not addressed early. Much cleaner, better detailed routing than any prior GG.

gasgasman 06-21-2012 10:18 AM

Also, verify that the power valve is operating smoothly.

bones150 06-22-2012 12:29 AM

I am thinking it was the choke. I remember I had the handlebars off to adjust the pdf and maybe the cable got jacked around? kind of weird makes me paranoid. Rode an hour and a half straight today no issues. Thanks for the replys.