Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Product Reviews (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Moose Sahara vs Klim (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12970)

swazi_matt 08-03-2012 03:04 AM

Moose Sahara vs Klim

I have been using Klim kit for quite a few years now, but considering getting a set of Moose Sahara kit, just wanted to hear if any of you have any comments on the moose kit

I think it is slightly cheaper than the Klim Baja kit so want to know if it is similar in quality, comfort and also size? thx

stainlesscycle 08-03-2012 05:46 AM

i have a set of 2012 sahara: true to size. cut/sizing just like other moose jersey/pants. quality is good, jersey is definitely lightweight and flows air well. showing wear on knees from thor knee guards -all my pants rip at same location. - it's pretty much about the same as all the other decent quality level stuff. pants flow ok, but i bet the baja flows more air. seems like it will last as long as all the others (which is not long enough). i'd like to try the klim baja to see if it's any better...let us know.. i rotate through 3 sets of pants/jersey - moose xcr 2011, fox 180 2010, and sahara 2012. even though the fox 180 stuff is less expensive, i bet it outlasts the other 2.. i buy 1 set a year, and get rid of the most beat up set...

Cruiser 08-03-2012 05:55 AM

I have the new klim jersey and it does not flow that well.. I'm looking to try the moose jersey myself..

johnnyo 08-03-2012 06:26 AM

I have had the Sahara gear now for over a year. I will probably get a new set soon and I would get this again. It has worn as well as everything else I've had. Sizing is true, and the airflow is great. I would recommend it.

I do admit that I have not tried the Klim's to give an unbiased comparison but would dare say you won't be disappointed with the Sahara.

swazi_matt 08-03-2012 06:53 AM

Longevity is one of Klim's strong points, i have two sets that i rotate and one set is from 2006, granted it is not going to win any beauty contests, but only a few small holes from a few hard falls, but still keen to give the moose a try

if you wear 34 jeans will the 34 moose fit? It seems to be the biggest complaint abpout moose kit is that the sizing is not right

stainlesscycle 08-03-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swazi_matt (Post 92029)

if you wear 34 jeans will the 34 moose fit? It seems to be the biggest complaint abpout moose kit is that the sizing is not right

pants might run a tiny bit small. i'm 185lbs, 5'11" tall, i bought 36 pants, xl jersey, as i like a bit loose fit on jerseys.. fits fine, maybe a slight bit tight at knees if you wear braces. regular guards should be no problem. the ankles are not cut tight like other pants (the tight cut ankles are so annoying when taking them off)

GMP 08-03-2012 08:15 AM

I have two sets of Sahara gear, it works very well. I think they are close to true size and did not notice a problem, plus they have the velcro adjusters on the waistband. One set of pants are worn through at the side of the knee from the knee guard, but that will happen to any pants two years old. Good stuff, I'll buy another set for sure, but I need a new set of cooler weather gear first.

celler 10-19-2012 06:02 PM

I have had various sets of Moose Sahara. I always wear through the knees. I bought a set of Klim and also wore through the knees. I will buy Moose again since the extra cost of the Klim did not make the knees last any longer. I had a pair of Sahara with the kevlar knees and the were the best I had off any pants so far. To bad they changed the design.

Cruiser 10-20-2012 07:11 AM

I did get a new sahara jersey, sad part is its past the warm weather so cant compare it really.. but its obvious just holding it up to the klim jersey the venting is way better. The klim Has much smaller vent holes but the sahara is so vented its transparent in places..Next step for jersey for more vented would be a paintball jersey. Some of those are wide open mesh on the sides and under arms.. May try the vented pants next summer too..